Sixfoot9psu's Build Thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Sixfoot9psu's Build Thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits 2010-14 Jeep Wrangler Island Topper Black Rugged Ridge 1352007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4 Door Black Cargo Net (

Unread 12-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #91
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

This was another really nice read, man. There were a couple pics in here where I thought you stole some of my pics, haha Really nice build.

Unread 12-26-2012, 11:56 PM   #92
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

thanks man!
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #93
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

so I've been slacking on the build thread...

awhile back I added a pair of KC lights behind the grille...then I added the full Billet Technology under hood kit, oil catch can, and throttle body cover for some engine bay bling...then I added a set of 255/75 BFG muds on a more graphite looking set of moabs that are darker than the more common moabs

'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
Unread 02-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #94
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Very nice bud! Looks like my engine compartment only you have a couple pieces I'm missing. Looks great with the Volant and Tayler shorties too

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #95
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu
so I've been slacking on the build thread...

awhile back I added a pair of KC lights behind the grille...then I added the full Billet Technology under hood kit, oil catch can, and throttle body cover for some engine bay bling...then I added a set of 255/75 BFG muds on a more graphite looking set of moabs that are darker than the more common moabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Very nice bud! Looks like my engine compartment only you have a couple pieces I'm missing. Looks great with the Volant and Tayler shorties too
Looks awesome!

Haha, my engine bay is going to look identical on Monday. My Volant is coming in.

How did you mount your catch can? The black fittings look so much better.
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #96
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Thanks guys! I got a small angle bracket and a straight piece that were already black from a local true value hardware store. I think they are made for welding or something, all I knew was that they were already nicely painted brackets haha. I looked for similar brackets for my KC lights at Lowes and home depot and neither had anything like it...I can take a pic of the bracket for ya if you want

Unread 02-09-2013, 03:13 AM   #97
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Thanks guys! I got a small angle bracket and a straight piece that were already black from a local true value hardware store. I think they are made for welding or something, all I knew was that they were already nicely painted brackets haha. I looked for similar brackets for my KC lights at Lowes and home depot and neither had anything like it...I can take a pic of the bracket for ya if you want
Yeah I'd really appreciate it of you could.
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
Unread 02-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #98
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

with different holes/slots, i liked how adjustable these pieces of steel were...and like i said, they were already painted and True Value was the only hardware store i could find them in and i checked everywhere!

Unread 02-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #99
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
with different holes/slots, i liked how adjustable these pieces of steel were...and like i said, they were already painted and True Value was the only hardware store i could find them in and i checked everywhere!
Thanks!

Is there a product name or brand? I looked at lowes and Home Depot and found nothing so I gave up. Mine is mounted with zip ties, currently, haha.
Unread 02-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #100
IowaJeepNewbie
2005 WK 

[QUOTE=sixfoot9psu;14934035]so I've been slacking on the build thread...

awhile back I added a pair of KC lights behind the grille...[QUOTE]

HEY HOW ARE THEM LIGHT? HOW GOOD THEY WORK? ALSO HOW DID YOU MOUNT THEM?

ALSO LOVE THE BUILD
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, Red WK Club #31, Daystar 2" BB lift with bilstein struts. Rigid LED Dually
IowaJeepNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #101
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

The wk is looking awesome!! Are you still using the Bora spacers? How do you like them? I can tell by the pics on their site that they are wheel centric, are they hub centric too? Any pros/ cons compared to a set of spidertrax's?
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #102
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Thanks! Yea I am still using the Bora spacers and they are hub centric as well. They are great and I was only looking for an inch spacer and since Spidertrax doesn't make them I went with Bora. I am considering going to 1.5" Spidertrax, but not sure yet

Unread 02-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #103
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu View Post
Thanks! Yea I am still using the Bora spacers and they are hub centric as well. They are great and I was only looking for an inch spacer and since Spidertrax doesn't make them I went with Bora. I am considering going to 1.5" Spidertrax, but not sure yet
I would be interested in buying your Bora spacers off of you if you decide to switch to Spidertrax. Great looking Jeep, by the way! I'm basically doing everything you did before you lifted, with the same tire size.
Unread 02-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #104
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Nice, yea that's why I only got the 1"...now that I lifted it I was thinking 1.5" spacers

Unread 02-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #105
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu View Post
Nice, yea that's why I only got the 1"...now that I lifted it I was thinking 1.5" spacers
Yeah I agree. I were lifting 2-3 inches, I'd probably go with 1.5" spacers but 1" is good for near stock height. Shoot me a PM if you ever decide to sell them, they're the exact ones I was planning on getting in a few months.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.