Sixfoot9psu's Build Thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Sixfoot9psu's Build Thread

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 07-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #76
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu View Post
i just looked at my first post in this thread 4 months ago that said I wasn't going to lift or put bigger tires on it...that plan didn't work too well
YES!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #77
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Picked up 4 brand new moabs for $150 that never saw the road! Got them installed this afternoon, pics sometime soon after I wash her
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #78
DirtyByrd

Your Jeep looks great man. I think it's the small things like the spacers and the grill that set it off. Those tires also look very nice. Any tips or further pics on the grill? I pick up my 5.7L on Monday and that'll probably be one of the first changes. Thanks in advance!

Subb'd
DirtyByrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #79
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Wow - you've made some nice progress in this build - lookin good - keep it up!

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #80
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

thanks guys...here it is with the moabs and rola rack installed:

here's the wk alongside my G8 after I gave them both a bath:
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
Unread 09-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #81
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

That's a couple good looking rigs!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #82
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

So i went to Rausch Creek Off Road Park last weekend with a local off road shop, the owner of which took his wife's black WK...i have more pics of his than mine since he was in front of me. Did all green and blue trails. Some of the blues were definitely more extreme than I was planning on doing, but once you start you can't exactly turn around

more pics here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1029647...CreekSept2012#

damage report:
smashed my plastic side skirt and bent my fender a little

flattened this cross member a little on a rock

broke a front axle

belly guard took the most beating of all my skids

Unread 10-07-2012, 03:37 AM   #83
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

i did something very similar, but instead of ruining the plastic which only has a small crack, it folded the corner of my door about 1" diagonally as well as pushing that fender up a little. i plan on getting those Steel Armidillo group buy sliders.
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2012, 07:41 AM   #84
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

After much debate I went with the 4xguard sliders...hoping to install them today after my custom little paint mod dries

Unread 10-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #85
torquey
2008 WK 

How do the sliders look?
torquey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #86
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

so I took a strip of aluminum cut to size and then primed and painted it to match my light khaki and glued it in there...much like when omelet installed his 4xguard sliders, they don't exactly match the rest of my jeep since they're the only thing that's clean

Unread 10-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #87
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

some more rausch creek pics:

and one at my family's xmas tree farm:

Unread 10-25-2012, 12:53 AM   #88
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Looking real nice man!
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #89
Rob 99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome pics! Rausch is a blast. Sorry about all the damage.

07' WK Silver 5.7 QD2, Bilsteins & front strut plates.
Rob 99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #90
K9SAR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

That's a great looking rig!
K9SAR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.