Sixfoot9psu's Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Sixfoot9psu's Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #16
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu
Haha, I got them on ebay and made sure to get ones that had a clear housing. Some were black or orange and I didn't want to see the colors reflecting off the headlight housing like the stock bulbs did. And then I wired 6 ohm load resistors to them so that they would blink the same speed as stock. I can look up the exact bulbs on ebay if anybody is interested
Clear or white housing?

05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #17
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

mine are a clear housing...sold by ebay seller ebstores and the title was "2 x Yellow Front Signal 24 LED Light Bulbs 3757A 3057"
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #18
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

i had a set that looks identical to those but the bulb housing was too big to insert into the headlight housing hole (that's what she said) so be careful when purchasing...
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
Unread 03-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #19
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
i had a set that looks identical to those but the bulb housing was too big to insert into the headlight housing hole (that's what she said) so be careful when purchasing...
3157 is our turn signal bulb. How did you like the yellow over the amber? Where did you pick up the resistors and where do you have to wire them in?

Thanks!
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #20
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

So you must wire in a resistor to get the LED to work?
IndyBlueWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #21
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

some 3157's won't fit through the hole in the headlight housing though, but the ones above in quotes do and work perfectly.

you don't need resistors but since they're LEDs they will blink twice as fast as the stock bulbs. wired as below EXCEPT THE POSITIVE SHOULD BE WIRED TO THE GREEN WIRE (I didn't take a pic after I fixed it

the resistors i got were sold by ebay seller ceresimports08 and titled "Load Resistor Fix LED Bulb Fast Flash Turn Signal Blink" and they are 6 ohm and come with the taps needed to wire them in

Unread 03-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #22
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
some 3157's won't fit through the hole in the headlight housing though, but the ones above in quotes do and work perfectly.

you don't need resistors but since they're LEDs they will blink twice as fast as the stock bulbs. wired as below EXCEPT THE POSITIVE SHOULD BE WIRED TO THE GREEN WIRE (I didn't take a pic after I fixed it

the resistors i got were sold by ebay seller ceresimports08 and titled "Load Resistor Fix LED Bulb Fast Flash Turn Signal Blink" and they are 6 ohm and come with the taps needed to wire them in
So you went with 3057 bulbs?

Thanks for the help.
Unread 03-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #23
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

No the description of the ebay posting says it fits 3157 bulbs, I guess in LEDs 3057 and 3157 are the same

Unread 03-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #24
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu View Post
No the description of the ebay posting says it fits 3157 bulbs, I guess in LEDs 3057 and 3157 are the same

Thanks again for the info. I ordered what you recommended. I must say how clean of a mod this is. Fantastic idea you had here!!!
Unread 03-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #25
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Do you have to remove the bumper to remove the headlight housings? I got the bulbs in without removing them but there is no way I'm going to be able to wire the resistors up without taking the headlights off. Did you use a write up on wiring in the resistors? Your picture was helpful but im not sure where the other end goes.
Unread 03-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #26
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

I didn't take the housings out but it was a pain in the *** to try to wire the resistors. I'm not sure what else to say besides the black side if the resistor taps to the negative and the red taps to the green wire...make sure the resistor isn't touching anything that it could melt...once I put the light in the housing I zip tied a couple wires such that the resistor itself just kind of hangs in there without touching anything

Unread 03-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #27
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
I didn't take the housings out but it was a pain in the *** to try to wire the resistors. I'm not sure what else to say besides the black side if the resistor taps to the negative and the red taps to the green wire...make sure the resistor isn't touching anything that it could melt...once I put the light in the housing I zip tied a couple wires such that the resistor itself just kind of hangs in there without touching anything
Oh ok, they just circle back then? I thought they tapped into something else.

Did yours work without the resistors? The front turn signals won't work and my rear led tails blink 2x fast. When I put the hazards on, everything works normal speed. I def need to wire the resistors in.
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #28
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Yea my front turn signals worked without the resistors, they just blinked fast...did you try flipping the bulbs around? I have stock rear bulbs though.

Unread 03-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #29
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Yea my front turn signals worked without the resistors, they just blinked fast...did you try flipping the bulbs around? I have stock rear bulbs though.
Flipping the bulbs around didn't allow them to light up. I have rear LED tail lights, reverse lights and license plate lights.

I def need the resistors!!
Unread 03-19-2012, 10:40 PM   #30
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I had LED tails and revers lights and only needed resistors for the front once I installed the LEDs up there. Try a pair of 6ohm resistors and if that doesn't work try 3ohm.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.