Sixfoot9psu's Build Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Sixfoot9psu's Build Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Sixfoot9psu's Build Thread

Decided to write up a build thread since I've taken lots of pics along the way, just don't expect any big lifts or huge tires (don't want to get anybody's hopes up)
Bought the WK about 2 months ago
First mod was the 4xGuard front skid...here it is with the front skid and stock goodyears:

Then I picked up some Firestone Destination AT 245/70/17s for a half inch lift:

Installed Rocky Road leveling kit for a half inch lift up front along with Bilstein HDs all around:

Replaced the muffler with a Magnaflow:

Tuned with Superchips
Installed Volant CAI:

it rubbed on the engine coolant tank so I put some rubber foam weatherseal on the intake :

LED interior lights:

I didn't like seeing the yellow turn signal bulb reflection so I installed some clear LEDs that light up yellow...before and after:

'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Expanded sheet metal mod:

Installed the 7W cree LED reverse bulbs thanks to Omelet (the 7W are way better than the 5W, btw) comparison:

Installed some 1" BORA wheel spacers made by Motorsport Technology:

before:

after:

before:

after:

How it sits as of now:

'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
Unread 03-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
NGreen
2008 WK 

Looks good. How do you like the Volant?
NGreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

I like the volant a lot

Unread 03-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
mattydipps
2006 WK 

trucks looking good.. what do you plan to do to it?
Unread 03-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

That khaki is looking great bud! There are a few mods there I recognize I love how a few simple thing make the WK look so much better! So what's next?!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #7
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Thanks guys...I'm done for now...and by now I mean for probably 3 days I've been looking at winches and hidden mounts like yours nate or just buying that one that's out now

Unread 03-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #8
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Ah! That would be a nice mod

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #9
longboy
2006 WK 

6'9"? I don't know how you fit in the WK, man. I'm 6'7" and I'm barely able to squeeze in there.

WK's looking good! I'm on the slow path to upgrades/mods on my Jeep-
Unread 03-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #10
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Yep, I'm 6'9"...I never thought I would own a jeep bc I never fit in any until the WK...there was no way I could have fit in any of the older cherokees or grand cherokees bc they didn't have enough leg room. In the wk I have the seat all the way back and the pedals all the way front and I fit pretty well...I just can't wear a hat without it rubbing the roof

Unread 03-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #11
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Always nice to see another Khaki build - I am eventually going to get to this really attractive grill mod you've done - It looks fantastic. Keep it coming!
Unread 03-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #12
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Thanks man

Unread 03-12-2012, 12:41 AM   #13
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

We are Penn State!

Haha, looking great.

I really like the look of the led turn bulbs? Where did you get them?
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2012, 07:42 AM   #14
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Haha, I got them on ebay and made sure to get ones that had a clear housing. Some were black or orange and I didn't want to see the colors reflecting off the headlight housing like the stock bulbs did. And then I wired 6 ohm load resistors to them so that they would blink the same speed as stock. I can look up the exact bulbs on ebay if anybody is interested

Unread 03-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #15
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

What is the part number and where did you get those turn signal lights.

Thanks man

Jeep looks great
IndyBlueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.