Silly tire tread question... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Silly tire tread question...

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-13-2007, 05:37 PM   #1
beepbeep13
2011 WK 

Silly tire tread question...

Are the treads on all tires supposed to face the same way?

I recently had a repair/rotation and I've noticed the passenger front and rear tire treads go one way, while both tires on the driver side go the other...

Wondering if this makes a difference?

Thanks!

Unread 09-13-2007, 09:03 PM   #2
T-Rated

Which tires? And if they're white on one side and black on the other, you've got no choice. Some are *definitely* made to run in one direction. Others, not so much.

Jeep: 2006 Midnight Blue Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Bells Whistles
Mods: Tow Hooks Mopar & 4xGuard Skid Plates & Rock Rails Flowmaster 70 255/65R17 REVO's
T-Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 09:57 PM   #3
beepbeep13
2011 WK 

No white walls. I will have to get the model when I go out to my car tomorrow. It was whatever was standard... it's a 2007 gc laredo w/ x package...

Until then
Unread 09-13-2007, 09:57 PM   #4
beepbeep13
2011 WK 

No white walls. I will have to get the model when I go out to my car tomorrow. It was whatever was standard... it's a 2007 gc laredo w/ x package...

Until then
Unread 09-15-2007, 01:39 PM   #5
WKTrailRunner
2007 WK 

If they are stock tires they are not directional. If they are directional they will have an arrow on the sidewall indicating direction of rotation.
WKTrailRunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.