Side Mirror Rattle (WK Grand Cherokee) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Side Mirror Rattle (WK Grand Cherokee)

PANDEMIC-USA 50" Double row LED LIGHT BAR!! These thiANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Jeep Forum Discount is ON!

Unread 07-14-2015, 07:54 AM   #1
Jeeper88103
2006 WK 

Side Mirror Rattle (WK Grand Cherokee)

Hi All,

I have a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I've recently noted that both side mirrors are rattling when the music is turned up.

I've searched and cannot find any information on the construction of the mirror assembly. It appears that there are two main black plastic parts. One contains the mirror itself and fits inside the other. This is where the rattle is coming from; the inner part is loose inside the outer part and rattling.

Has anyone had this problem? I'd like to find out how (if possible) to take the assembly apart and maybe use some double-sided foam tape to get rid of the rattle between the two pieces.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Jeeper88103 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2015, 08:17 AM   #2
caulk04
2008 WK 

Just the mirror glass or the entire mirror?

The glass just clips in. Both of mine are missing a couple clips due to mishaps with animals and, ahem, garage doors so they rattle a bit extra. Depending on whether you have heated mirrors and/or tinting mirrors, they can be rather cheap to replace the glass. I think mine (heated and tinting) are around 50-60 a piece.
Unread 07-14-2015, 08:49 AM   #3
Jeeper88103
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulk04 View Post
Just the mirror glass or the entire mirror?

The glass just clips in. Both of mine are missing a couple clips due to mishaps with animals and, ahem, garage doors so they rattle a bit extra. Depending on whether you have heated mirrors and/or tinting mirrors, they can be rather cheap to replace the glass. I think mine (heated and tinting) are around 50-60 a piece.
No, the entire mirror, like the black plastic parts; there is a line around the mirror where the two pieces come together. The inner piece (that also goes around the mirror glass) fits inside the outer piece and is rattling.

I have heated and auto-dimming mirrors.

Maybe I'll try to take the glass off and see if I can get the two pieces apart...
Jeeper88103 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2015, 12:04 PM   #4
caulk04
2008 WK 

Ok, I seem to recall mine was loose after my run-in with the door frame on the garage and I stuck a screw in there somewhere...lol. Hokey sounding but you can't see inside so you can't tell a difference.
Unread 07-17-2015, 11:59 AM   #5
JakeWK
Reap the Jeep

2005 WK 

I'd was also looking for info on how to remove the side mirror assembly, like the black housing part.. I didn't see anything in my manuals or google..
Unread 07-17-2015, 12:18 PM   #6
jbarrett
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeWK View Post
I'd was also looking for info on how to remove the side mirror assembly, like the black housing part.. I didn't see anything in my manuals or google..
Just a guess - but there are likely screws/bolts holding the mirror housing assembly to the door that are accessible by removing interior door panel trim.
jbarrett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
grand cherokee , mirror , rattle , side mirror , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.