Should I buy this crd? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Should I buy this crd?

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #16
xer0
2000 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.hillside22nissan.com/2008...209294835.veh#

xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 11:04 PM   #17
Drewd

Looks like a nice ride.

I'd check to see if it has upgraded intake. While in there, check shaft play on turbo. Find service records. If MB 229.51 oil not used, expect DPF to not last much longer.

Can't be sure if proper oil change fill procedure used...look up TSB about engine noise and double check you don't have a shot front bearing from incorrect oil fill procedure

At its mileage, it will need tranny fluid/filter replacement, most likely shocks,brakes, xfer/diffs fluid replaced, etc...etc

Check airfilter, they clog easily.

Use anything you find as a reason to walk or low ball the dealer on selling price. Don't be afraid to walk away...use the same BS they would tell you if you traded in a diesel vehicle..i.e. diesel fuel is more expensive than gas and diesel vehicles not worth as much, diesels loud and unpopular, expensiv to maintain, then knock another 3-4k off the price

Good luck!
Drewd is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.