Should i buy a commander - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Should i buy a commander

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-24-2006, 08:43 PM   #31
telephonebilly

I got one with a HEMI

I love mine i got it yesterday I have not taken it off road yet but will be on the beach in the morning for some surf fishing. I hated giving up tj but dam the commander is nice. Now I have to find out what to do with the new islander top and soft top the the dealer forgot about.

telephonebilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2006, 11:13 PM   #32
carmannj
2007 JK Wrangler 

Of course you should!! The question is why shouldn't you, isn't it!!

2005 TJ Rubicon
carmannj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2006, 07:05 AM   #33
greggblue
1998 ZJ 

Commander in the sand is the BOMB... I took mine down to the Outer Banks this past spring, and went out to Ocracoke... It never faltered. However, it did seem to grab better when I had it in 4WD Low... I only took the tires down to 25 PSI, so if I went lower I might not have needed 4WD Low... I've driven Wranglers, Grand Cherokees, and Durangos on the sand down there, and the Commander was a close second to the Wrangler (hey, open air on the sand can't be beat by ANYTHING).
Unread 06-28-2006, 10:35 PM   #34
jeepdude10000

Ok so I went to pick up the commander, it was not fixed yet.Ok the bad news is, I really broke the commander. Not just the transfercase, but the tranny case cracked, and broke two teeth on the front ring gear.

The salesman even got mad at me, he said "how the fu@k did you do that".

I cant actually blame him. And I am banned from the dealership. He wont even sell me the commander anymore. My own fault.
jeepdude10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2006, 11:13 PM   #35
cmd peej

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdude10000
Ok so I went to pick up the commander, it was not fixed yet. Ok the bad news is, I really broke the commander. Not just the transfer case, but the tranny case cracked, and broke two teeth on the front ring gear.

The salesman even got mad at me, he said "how the fu@k did you do that".

I cant actually blame him. And I am banned from the dealership. He wont even sell me the commander anymore. My own fault.
OK, I'm convinced. This has to be a BS story. Substitute BS BS BS for Bang Bang Bang.
cmd peej is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2006, 07:05 PM   #36
Jeepster06

When is that diesel suppose to come out for the Commander??

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.