Shocks for 2'' lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Shocks for 2'' lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 02-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
pkmulloy

Shocks for 2'' lift

Hey new here and been reading multiple posts, but haven't seen the answer I am looking for. I have an 06 WK and I am looking at purchasing the Rough Country 2'' lift (I like the all metal vs poly, seems less likely to fail) I need to replace my rear shocks as well so i figured I would get it done a the same time. My friend is installing all parts for me as long as I purchase them. Where can I find what size shocks I will need with the 2'' lift? I want to look at all my options but the only sizing i am finding is for stock WK's... Also I looked at the Rusty's kit as it comes with shocks, is Rustys not a good product, is it just their shocks that are bad?

pkmulloy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

I got OME shocks from 4wheelparts.com they are taken from the OME lift. There is a user named Kolak on the forum who can probably give you a better price than 4wheeparts
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
jesse12801

I was talking to a guy on here who sells lift kits,I forgot his name but he said for me to go with BILSTIEN (SP?) FOR IMPROVED RIDE AND HANDLING.310 BUCKS.Somebody will chime in with the guys name..I hope.
jesse12801 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

Part Number: BIL33-151632
Bilstein 5100 Series Shock Absorber
Collapsed Length (IN): 15.91
Extended Length (IN): 25.93
Travel Length (IN): 10.02
Lower Mount: Eye 12.2mm
Upper Mount: Eye 12.1mm
Shaft Diameter: 14mm
Reservoir: No
Finish: Zinc plated
Body Design: 46mm ID smooth body (Non-coilover)
Internal Design: Mono tube
Boot Included: Yes
IndyBlueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
Hunterdad
2005 WK 

Why not try the Monroe Load Levelers?
Unread 02-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
pkmulloy

Any word on the Rustys 2'' BB that comes with their shocks? And is there a major difference between the metal and poly spacers? I have heard pros and cons for both...
pkmulloy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #7
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

Part Number: BIL33-151632

shocks2.jpg
Unread 02-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #8
jesse12801

Email this guy.He's got plenty of info and what you're looking for.
Quote:
Kolak@aol.com
He's a member here I think.
jesse12801 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #9
Budasac
2005 WK 

I have the RC lift and ended up with the Monroe load adjusting coil-overs for the F-150. They're the perfect length and add about 1" of lift. For that reason, you may want to hold off on the rear shocks for a little while. The RC can be run with stock shocks (they do limit travel) and shocks only take ten minutes to replace. That way you'll see how the Jeep sits after the lift and can decide if you want to raise the rear up a little more, as that may be a factor in what shocks you ultimately buy.

I replaced my rear shocks when I installed my lift. Two months later they were laying in the corner of my garage (still there).

BTW - the Monroes are $100 for the set.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #10
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmulloy View Post
Any word on the Rustys 2'' BB that comes with their shocks? And is there a major difference between the metal and poly spacers? I have heard pros and cons for both...
The biggest difference is with the installation. The RC kit( and I believe the Rusty's) is all metal and mounts on top of the spring/strut assembly. So lift is achieved by placing the spacer between the spring assembly and it's mounting point on the vehicle. A poly spacer such as in the Daystar kit mounts within the strut assembly. It creates lift by adding a preload to the springs. The result is increased ride height due to stiffer springs.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2013, 06:45 AM   #11
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

Cough Cough Bilstein 5100 Series Shock Absorber Part Number: BIL33-151632
Unread 02-21-2013, 06:48 AM   #12
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBlueWK View Post
Cough Cough Bilstein 5100 Series Shock Absorber Part Number: BIL33-151632
They're about 1.5" too short for members who want to maximize articulation offroad. Part number 33-186009 is a much better option IMO.

Two other options for members who really want to get every possible inch of travel and step up to 5125s are:
33-104652 which is an 11" travel shock, 28" extended, with 255/70 valving
33-186559 which is an 11" travel shock, 28" extended, with 175/60 valving
EDIT: Adding 2" bump stop extensions and lowering the brake lines are recommended. Both cheap/easy.

PS you should get something for that cold of yours. Sounds horrible
Unread 02-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #13
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

lol yeah I wanted something to match the lift that I had. I dont need a ton of articulation off road because its my daily driver but yes if you wanted more articulation i'd say go with the 33-186009. Please just dont do a stock replacement..

Tags
lift , shocks , suspension lift , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.