Service Records From Previous Owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Service Records From Previous Owner

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineCHASSIS SAVER™ Labor Day 2 for 1 Sale!!!JKS Flex Connect in Actions!

Unread 08-16-2015, 12:05 AM   #1
commanderdriver
2007 XK Commander 

Service Records From Previous Owner

Do Chrysler dealers have access to all service records even when done at other dealers?

After buying a used Jeep, is it possible to persuade a dealer to provide these records to you?

Without knowing what maintenance has been done, how do you determine what services to perform upon buying a used Jeep? All I know is that it is clean, the battery is Mopar brand and looks new and the window sticker says I have 4,000 more miles until the next oil change...

commanderdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2015, 06:56 AM   #2
plunix
2008 WK 

I haven't had any luck in Canada with getting service records from other places.. There doesn't seem to be a centralized system where all the records go. They hold them individually.

When you buy the vehicle, the dealership can print out what was done to safety and certify the vehicle on-site. But the best way to find other records would be to look through the manuals for receipts or other paperwork, and call the appropriate dealership from there. I know mine came with a book with a bunch of MOPAR stamps for records of regular service intervals, and one of the pages had the old service shop listed.

I have yet to contact them personally, but I think I might eventually just to see what I can attain from them.
Unread 08-16-2015, 07:20 PM   #3
colinzj
2006 WK 

They're centralized in the US, and you don't even need to persuade the dealer to do anything unless you need additional detail—service records become available through Mopar Owner Connect as soon as you register your vehicle.
Unread 08-16-2015, 08:21 PM   #4
commanderdriver
2007 XK Commander 

Thank you. I will try tomorrow. It doesn't allow me to do it without assistance because I didn't buy from a dealer.
commanderdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2015, 12:32 PM   #5
Frozentoze
2006 WK 

I bought used from a dealer. They were more than happy to print out the old service records for me... After I bought it and asked the service manager as a potential customer. Salesperson before I bought it was going to look into that for me but couldn't be certain he could get those records....
Frozentoze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.