Service Electric Brake System - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Service Electric Brake System

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #31
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post

Good luck and keep us updated on what they say!
Going to stop by Oreillys first bc its closer then the dealer and I deal with them thru the boat shop I work at.

jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #32
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

A code for the right front sensor was shown at Oreillys. Is that the wire running behind the rotor then up the side of the wheel well?
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #33
yzjwk
2005 WK 

Yes ,that's where it runs . You might as well change the hub assembly as you were hearing noises when turning left . this makes sense too because the right bearing would load up on a left turn .The new assembly will come complete with a sensor .
2010 MK Patriot
yzjwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #34
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Is there a keeper of some sort that holds the actual sensor in the hub? I've got everything off and the Allen screw. Soaking it with some pb blaster now. Is it just a careful twist and pull?
Unread 09-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #35
yzjwk
2005 WK 

There's nothing descriptive in the Service manual besides undo the nut and remove the sensor. I've never actually taken one out though .
I find it easier to change the whole hub .If your hearing any grinding , howling squeeling type noises , your probably going to have to change it sooner or later anyways .
2010 MK Patriot
yzjwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #36
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

It is a tight space to get the sensor out. Alot of times the old sensor is broken in the process of getting it out but you will just have to take your time and wiggle the new on in and into place. I know some people have filed the plasitc housing down a little on the new sensor to squeeze it in.
Unread 09-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #37
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
It is a tight space to get the sensor out. Alot of times the old sensor is broken in the process of getting it out but you will just have to take your time and wiggle the new on in and into place. I know some people have filed the plasitc housing down a little on the new sensor to squeeze it in.
I broke it then drilled the old one out. Only had 4 in the state. Luckily two were in Little Rock. Going to get it now.

Hopefully this'll get me going again and my 4wd Low will come back on. If not I'll take it to the dealer to redo the flash for the recall. Got my fingers crossed this works.
Unread 09-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #38
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Installed a new sensor and the light hasn't came back on again. Haven't drove but a few miles. 4wd low still doesn't work so I'll be going back to the dealer so they can fix that issue.
Unread 09-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #39
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Where did you buy the sensor from? I need to replace my right rear sensor. Glad to hear the lights went off. How far have you driven it? Sometimes it takes a little drive for all the lights and messages to clear.
Unread 09-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #40
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Where did you buy the sensor from? I need to replace my right rear sensor. Glad to hear the lights went off. How far have you driven it? Sometimes it takes a little drive for all the lights and messages to clear.
I ended up getting the same exact sensor with a Chrysler stamp on it from AutoZone in a Duralast box for $29.99 with lifetime warranty. I know on mine the fronts are the same but rears are different. Rears were only $15.99 at O'Reillys and AutoZone. I haven't driven but a couple miles. Came back and tried to engage the 4wd low in Neutral but it still said to service 4wd system. Taking it to get reflashed tomorrow at dealership.
Unread 09-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #41
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007

I ended up getting the same exact sensor with a Chrysler stamp on it from AutoZone in a Duralast box for $29.99 with lifetime warranty. I know on mine the fronts are the same but rears are different. Rears were only $15.99 at O'Reillys and AutoZone. I haven't driven but a couple miles. Came back and tried to engage the 4wd low in Neutral but it still said to service 4wd system. Taking it to get reflashed tomorrow at dealership.
Ill have to call the autozone up the road and see if they have any in stock. I've been too lazy lately since the lights only come on every so often. Still pull the code U1418 even with no lights or messages.
Unread 09-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #42
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:

Ill have to call the autozone up the road and see if they have any in stock. I've been too lazy lately since the lights only come on every so often. Still pull the code U1418 even with no lights or messages.
Its easy work for sure. Luckily they don't cost too much. The fronts are higher than the rears but not too bad. The auto zone duralast auto zone part was exactly the same as the original other then the part number ended in D instead of B.
The part number for the front is a (Duralast)SU8584. They are the same for the front. Not sire what the rears are.......yet
Unread 09-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #43
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

That seemed to do the trick for the brake message. Put 40 miles on it and no lights came up. I'm sure I'm just dreaming but I reset my avg mpgs, which I don't trust too much, but it was saying 23.5 at 2000 rpms going down the interstate today. I've never seen it say that. It usually says 15-17 avg mpgs. I hope I'm not dreaming and it'll change for real.
Unread 09-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #44
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Jeep wouldn't start earlier and the Service Brake lights are back on? Wondering if its a battery going out?
Unread 04-02-2014, 06:26 PM   #45
undsioux319

I was driving down the highway yesterday and all of a sudden it sounded like my axel broke into a million pieces. The DTC code was U1418 and a noise was coming from the right rear, I took the old one out and the noise was instantly gone. Put the new sensor in today and the code keeps coming back after multiple clears with the programmer. I've unhooked the sensor still no luck. Says check electronic break system and service 4wd.
undsioux319 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.