Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

service electric brake system.

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  scotro95 
#1 ·
when i went and looked at the jeep it has the little esp light and sebs on, when i picked it up it was gone... then it came back on for 3 days then went off again, now its back on.... i pulled all 4 wheels and inspected the cables, put di-electric grease in the connectors, and today i flushed the rear sensor's and related assembly's with brake cleaner... still no luck. any suggestions. I dont want to go to the dealer for obvious reasons. so for now i have no cc, no qd2, and no esp... so its real fun to drive around on snow covered roads:rolleyes:

thanks guys.

#2 ·
Just my two cents: Mine was acting up like that a while back, got a wheel allignment, drove out of the shop - lights still on! Drove a few miles, looked at display, lights gone! Haven't had a problem since.

Tech told me the system needs total symmetry, especially with tire wear. I had hit a curb, blew a tire, and replaced that one tire.

Try rotating your tires maybe? Checking your alignment?

Just my 2 cents

#3 ·
Thanks for the advice, will get a alignment done tomorrow while its in for safety. Does anybody think it would be beneficial to just order 4 new sensors, i know the fronts appear to be easy to remove but what about the rear, i tried to put a allen key in the little hole on the sensor but there doesnt appear to be any teeth, so is it a screw...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.