Service bulletin number: 21-022-14 - 2005-10 wh/wk,2006-10 xh/xk - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Service bulletin number: 21-022-14 - 2005-10 wh/wk,2006-10 xh/xk

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 08-15-2014, 05:32 AM   #46
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

10/7 software (with proper disconnect procedure) still working (4 weeks now) !

(The ones before DID NOT work!)

My WK had less than 40k miles on the ODO when I took it in ... and PO did not go off road much before ... so not much "wear" on the actuator motor as well.
Maybe another hint?

chmo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 08:53 AM   #47
caddydaddy
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmo View Post
My WK had less than 40k miles on the ODO when I took it in ... and PO did not go off road much before ... so not much "wear" on the actuator motor as well.
Maybe another hint?
When I bought mine, the PO said he had never engaged 4 Low. I pulled the lever and the warning message came up, but after trying it a few times it worked. I guess the actuator was just a little sticky from not being used. Works fine now, and my WK still hasn't had the N23 recall performed!
caddydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2014, 12:38 PM   #48
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmo View Post
10/7 software (with proper disconnect procedure) still working (4 weeks now) !

(The ones before DID NOT work!)

Maybe another hint?

daaannnggg ... 7/10 flash finally failed after 5 weeks!

- played with sunroof today ... and with seat memory 1 ... it seemed to have forgotten my saved settings and was saying "memory disabled".
- switched the car on a parking lot off.
- switched it back on after 10 minutes ... and there was that message "service 4wd system" ... PERMANENT!

Between a clean status this morning and this dreaded message later today there were no 4lo engagements ... did not touch that lever today!

dunno ... hope is fading now
Unread 08-20-2014, 10:35 PM   #49
WazzuCMGrad
2009 WK 

7/29 flash working daily...
WazzuCMGrad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2014, 07:10 AM   #50
rsurran
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have resisted getting N23 for a year. Should I go ahead now? I heard we have a new campaign coming soon for the ignition switch.

Dick Surran

"When you stop contributing you are just taking up space."
rsurran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2014, 07:23 AM   #51
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsurran View Post
I have resisted getting N23 for a year. Should I go ahead now? I heard we have a new campaign coming soon for the ignition switch.
If you still have a N23 free FDCM I am ready to swap mine with yours ... LOL

In short ... DON'T !

I am caught in this reflash orgy because PO already did the very first N23 last year
Unread 08-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #52
simpleace

Getting my jeep fixed!

Hey guys i was wondering about this service bulletin. I had the n23 recall service performed sadly and now have the same problem. No 4low. I called the dealer and talked to him about the n23 recall and also the service bulletin and he said that the recall has nothing to do with it. He said they will charge me $130 to inspect the service 4wd light and then if there is something wrong they would give me an estimate.

so my question is that i thought that sense i had the n23 recall performed i got this flash at no charge? Am i wrong? Let me know guys!
simpleace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2014, 04:55 PM   #53
06gcl
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleace View Post
Hey guys i was wondering about this service bulletin. I had the n23 recall service performed sadly and now have the same problem. No 4low. I called the dealer and talked to him about the n23 recall and also the service bulletin and he said that the recall has nothing to do with it. He said they will charge me $130 to inspect the service 4wd light and then if there is something wrong they would give me an estimate.

so my question is that i thought that sense i had the n23 recall performed i got this flash at no charge? Am i wrong? Let me know guys!
If you had the n23 recall done on your Jeep and now have "service 4wd system" message(s) displayed, the services to fix them should be at no cost to you.
Jeep created the problem with a bad fix to a cracked circuit board, resulting in the 4wd issue. Several other threads in this forum provide further, detailed information.

Forum member "JeepCares" has been mentioned as a source to help with dealers. I believe they are associated with Jeep. Suggest you first try a private message to JeepCares describing your issue.

Edit: had the new flash done 7/9 (no cost to me). Still got 4wd, no issues. Checking every time I run it.
06gcl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2014, 10:06 PM   #54
Indianawk
2007 WK 

Just picked mine up from the dealer getting the reflash and 4lo is working now. The dealer wanted to charge me also for a diagnostic fee or something like that and then the actual time to fix it. Call the jeep 1800 number and talked to them about it and they took care of it no cost to me.
Indianawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2014, 07:05 PM   #55
rsurran
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks chmo, I'll wait a little longer.

Dick Surran

"When you stop contributing you are just taking up space."
rsurran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2014, 05:51 AM   #56
w33mud
2006 WK 

Had mine done in UK,all working so far,will keep checking though
w33mud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2014, 09:40 PM   #57
Schlotzky
2007 XK Commander 

I purchased my '07 XK with the N23 recall already performed. I'm reading this update should not be charged, but seeing as "I" didn't have the N23 recall performed, will I be subject to charge?
Schlotzky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2014, 02:23 PM   #58
clemsonscj
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlotzky View Post
I purchased my '07 XK with the N23 recall already performed. I'm reading this update should not be charged, but seeing as "I" didn't have the N23 recall performed, will I be subject to charge?

It's a TSB, so no. Mine was performed before I owned the Jeep and they didn't charge me for the update.
Black WK Club #134
clemsonscj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2014, 01:05 PM   #59
mbschlgr
2008 WK 

$300 plus in repair costs and miles of frustrations I found this forum so I will give you my recall issue:

12/23/2013 vehicle in for oil change, in Williamsville, NY dealer did N23 recall without asking me for authorization.
12/26/13 leaving for trip hooked up to motorhome "service 4WD" lights came on and transfer case would not go into neutral, immediately went to dealer, they said it was the transfer case motor switch, sorry it was on national back order, nothing they could do about it. we had to leave because had reservations for a cruise that was leaving port on the 29th, so son drove car and followed us in motorhome, couldn't leave car because we wouldn't be coming back until May. During the drive, lights would literally flash on the dash and sometimes vehicle lost power, would pull over and shut off, restart and would be fine. Happened 3 or 4 times during the trip down.
12/28/2013 dropped off at dealer in Clermont, Florida, they re-diagnosed and confirmed it was the switch motor.
1/2/2014 called to check on vehicle, was told part not in yet still on national back order but should be shipping soon.got one in on 8th and repaired.(we thought) $150 deductible from extended warranty claim.
1/9/2014 picked up vehicle, tested it in dealer lot, same issue. They said they must have forgotten a few steps supposedly fixed.
1/10/2014 hooked up vehicle, wouldn't shift into neutral, dealer said they must have forgotten to clear the codes. problem seemed to have been solved.
2/1/2014 hooked up to motorhome in Punta Gorda, Florida transfer case wouldn't go into neutral AGAIN took to a different dealer, this time said they cleared the codes that previous dealer must not have. hmmm.
worked fine for several months, then in june 2014 service 4WD lights came on, was going to go to dealer back in Williamsville, NY and then lights went off. On again, was told it was a right front ABS speed sensor, replaced it and guess what... Warnings on again, off again, on again off again. This happened several times and no codes would show when I would take it in.
Hooked up car to motorhome for several trips between 2/14 and 8/14 no issues (lights would be on occasionally but didn't prevent from going into neutral)
9/7/2014 car hooked up to motorhome to travel home transfer case would not go into neutral AGAIN and yes service 4WD lit up AGAIN.
had to leave at dealer lot on a Sunday morning and head for home. could not stay had to be home by Tuesday.
9/8/2014 was advised I needed ANOTHER transfer case switch motor AND another right front ABS sensor
now another $150 I said I've already had all this done and strange no record of anything could be found!!!!!
This dealer knows nothing about N23 issues or any new flash updates. I'm without a car and can't return to Florida to get my vehicle until the end of October and extended warranty won't pay for a rental. and the dealer has no idea who or where I can call for help with this issue. So now I will have that cost out of pocket due to a flash repair that I never authorized in the first place last December. Not to mention that original dealer won't take responsibility for because of course Chrysler has never admitted a problem?? Obviously the problem still exists. 3 separate dealers and all are clueless. I don't have a vehicle nor do I have a proper repair.

Not a happy Jeep owner and hubby will not let me purchase another Jeep product.
mbschlgr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #60
modette
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbschlgr View Post
$300 plus in repair costs and miles of frustrations I found this forum so I will give you my recall issue:

12/23/2013 vehicle in for oil change, in Williamsville, NY dealer did N23 recall without asking me for authorization.
12/26/13 leaving for trip hooked up to motorhome "service 4WD" lights came on and transfer case would not go into neutral, immediately went to dealer, they said it was the transfer case motor switch, sorry it was on national back order, nothing they could do about it. we had to leave because had reservations for a cruise that was leaving port on the 29th, so son drove car and followed us in motorhome, couldn't leave car because we wouldn't be coming back until May. During the drive, lights would literally flash on the dash and sometimes vehicle lost power, would pull over and shut off, restart and would be fine. Happened 3 or 4 times during the trip down.
12/28/2013 dropped off at dealer in Clermont, Florida, they re-diagnosed and confirmed it was the switch motor.
1/2/2014 called to check on vehicle, was told part not in yet still on national back order but should be shipping soon.got one in on 8th and repaired.(we thought) $150 deductible from extended warranty claim.
1/9/2014 picked up vehicle, tested it in dealer lot, same issue. They said they must have forgotten a few steps supposedly fixed.
1/10/2014 hooked up vehicle, wouldn't shift into neutral, dealer said they must have forgotten to clear the codes. problem seemed to have been solved.
2/1/2014 hooked up to motorhome in Punta Gorda, Florida transfer case wouldn't go into neutral AGAIN took to a different dealer, this time said they cleared the codes that previous dealer must not have. hmmm.
worked fine for several months, then in june 2014 service 4WD lights came on, was going to go to dealer back in Williamsville, NY and then lights went off. On again, was told it was a right front ABS speed sensor, replaced it and guess what... Warnings on again, off again, on again off again. This happened several times and no codes would show when I would take it in.
Hooked up car to motorhome for several trips between 2/14 and 8/14 no issues (lights would be on occasionally but didn't prevent from going into neutral)
9/7/2014 car hooked up to motorhome to travel home transfer case would not go into neutral AGAIN and yes service 4WD lit up AGAIN.
had to leave at dealer lot on a Sunday morning and head for home. could not stay had to be home by Tuesday.
9/8/2014 was advised I needed ANOTHER transfer case switch motor AND another right front ABS sensor
now another $150 I said I've already had all this done and strange no record of anything could be found!!!!!
This dealer knows nothing about N23 issues or any new flash updates. I'm without a car and can't return to Florida to get my vehicle until the end of October and extended warranty won't pay for a rental. and the dealer has no idea who or where I can call for help with this issue. So now I will have that cost out of pocket due to a flash repair that I never authorized in the first place last December. Not to mention that original dealer won't take responsibility for because of course Chrysler has never admitted a problem?? Obviously the problem still exists. 3 separate dealers and all are clueless. I don't have a vehicle nor do I have a proper repair.

Not a happy Jeep owner and hubby will not let me purchase another Jeep product.

Call Mike MacDonald
586-497-2015
modette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.