Service bulletin number: 21-022-14 - 2005-10 wh/wk,2006-10 xh/xk - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Service bulletin number: 21-022-14 - 2005-10 wh/wk,2006-10 xh/xk

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 07-11-2014, 05:56 PM   #16
modette
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregstudeny View Post
Are you guys getting this done for free? A dealership here in San Antonio told me there will he a $110 charge. I'm going to contact a few others also.
Email Mike.MacDonald@chrysler.com

Tell him your dealer is trying to charge for the updated N23 software FDCM issue. Give him the name of the dealer, and the service Managers name. This should get that dealer to be on the straight that this is not an item they should be charging for.

Good luck, sounds like it does not work anyways.

modette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2014, 05:57 PM   #17
gregstudeny
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post

Email Mike.MacDonald@chrysler.com

Tell him your dealer is trying to charge for the updated N23 software FDCM issue. Give him the name of the dealer, and the service Managers name. This should get that dealer to be on the straight that this is not an item they should be charging for.

Good luck, sounds like it does not work anyways.
Thanks a lot . I will call when I'm back in town on Monday.
gregstudeny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #18
psmask01
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWilson07
Are you still working with Cross or did you talk to Commonwealth?
I called Cross..im gonna call commonwealth tomm and see if I can take it up there, but my fuse pull from about 2.5 weeks ago is still working, so Im thinking maybe I should wait.
psmask01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #19
ZWilson07
Cowboy

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmask01 View Post
I called Cross..im gonna call commonwealth tomm and see if I can take it up there, but my fuse pull from about 2.5 weeks ago is still working, so Im thinking maybe I should wait.
Im waiting on having mine done as well since the one they did 2 weeks ago is working well but mine will be back there for my O2/cat testing again this coming week.

You remember what I told you about Commonwealth and talking to Brit; they have been great to deal with. I'd just wait until yours stops working again and then take it to Commonwealth. Cross ftl!

Sorry for the thread hijack guys

Everything I need, plus a lot more I don't.

Black WK Club Member #154 || Hemi Club Member #89
ZWilson07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2014, 07:34 AM   #20
bersh
2008 WK 

I just got off the phone with my dealer, and he claims that even though the bulletin was released last week he won't actually see the software for a few weeks to a month. Keep in mind my local dealer is an idiot, so take that for what it's worth.
bersh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #21
IIMacGyverII

2007 WK 

My dealer just told me I have to pay for it... @&*(#*(%$&@(*&$(@*&$(@*&$(@*$&(@*&$(@*$&@(*&$(*& Chrysler!

N23 Recall Victim
IIMacGyverII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2014, 09:18 PM   #22
ZWilson07
Cowboy

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIMacGyverII View Post
My dealer just told me I have to pay for it... @&*(#*(%$&@(*&$(@*&$(@*&$(@*$&(@*&$(@*$&@(*&$(*& Chrysler!
I'd go to a new dealer. There is absolutely no reason you should have to pay.

What amount are they even trying to charge you for?

Everything I need, plus a lot more I don't.

Black WK Club Member #154 || Hemi Club Member #89
ZWilson07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2014, 12:49 AM   #23
mooninite

Quote:
I'm scheduled to go to my local dealership this coming Wednesday. I am going to flip out if they try to tell me I have to pay for this.

Not only was it their fault my 4-LO has been essentially neutered, I am still under a the power train warranty.

I tried to call Mr. Macdonald @ Chrysler but he is out of the office until later this month. I don't know what I should do.
Unread 07-15-2014, 10:11 AM   #24
road_tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooninite View Post
I'm scheduled to go to my local dealership this coming Wednesday. I am going to flip out if they try to tell me I have to pay for this.

Not only was it their fault my 4-LO has been essentially neutered, I am still under a the power train warranty.

I tried to call Mr. Macdonald @ Chrysler but he is out of the office until later this month. I don't know what I should do.
call 1-800-853-1403, follow the prompts to jeep recalls. tell the customer service rep your story, open a case and get the case #.

For faster service at the dealer, call the 800 number above, and have them call the dealer while you are at the dealer dickering about charges. The dealers HATE getting calls from corporate regarding pissed off customers and/or shoddy business practices. The dealer should become a whimpering cur after the call from corporate.

The people at 800 number are well aware of the codes popping back up and all the the problems with N23. There should be no charges, especially since Jeep/Chrysler is in violation of federal law if they do charge you (read your recall letter, it is written there).
road_tripper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #25
IIMacGyverII

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by road_tripper View Post
call 1-800-853-1403, follow the prompts to jeep recalls. tell the customer service rep your story, open a case and get the case #.

For faster service at the dealer, call the 800 number above, and have them call the dealer while you are at the dealer dickering about charges. The dealers HATE getting calls from corporate regarding pissed off customers and/or shoddy business practices. The dealer should become a whimpering cur after the call from corporate.

The people at 800 number are well aware of the codes popping back up and all the the problems with N23. There should be no charges, especially since Jeep/Chrysler is in violation of federal law if they do charge you (read your recall letter, it is written there).
I called this number and they required me to get a diagnosis from the dealer and said I have to pay for it..... Lady also said she has never heard of this before.... ****ing bull****...

N23 Recall Victim
Unread 07-15-2014, 02:15 PM   #26
road_tripper

Quote:
I called this number and they required me to get a diagnosis from the deal and said I have to pay for it..... Lady also said she has never heard of this before.... ****ing bull****...
keep calling until you find someone who is more reasonable. The lady I spoke with told me some people were getting xfer cases replaced!

inferring from my wait time (zero), I can only assume they have a bunch of people manning (womaning?) the phones.
road_tripper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2014, 11:16 AM   #27
IIMacGyverII

2007 WK 

Update, Jeepcares has contacted the dealer for me and they will cover the diagnostic fee. Thanks JeepCares!

N23 Recall Victim
Unread 07-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #28
mooninite

People are reporting in the big thread that they had this update done and they're still getting the code. Either the newest update still isn't working, they have another problem, or the shop might have haphazardly just done the old software wiry the "new" procedure.

I got this update done today, no cost, and will report back in. My invoice clearly states they did the 21-022-14 flash. So far so good.
Unread 07-17-2014, 09:09 AM   #29
SilentDrifter
2008 WK 

I just had the latest reflash done on mine. They said they had to do it three times to get the code, in a state to be able to clear it. Right now at 56608 miles, my 4 low works again. We shall see how long this will last for.
SilentDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2014, 10:41 PM   #30
CommanderDan
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER: 21-022-14 -2005-10 WH/WK, 2006-2010 XH/XK

FYI -

SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER: 21-022-14
GROUP: Transmission and Transfer Case
DATE: July 10, 2014
SUBJECT:
4WD Lamp Illuminated and Diagnostic Trouble Code C140F Active in Final Drive Control Modules (FDCM) Memory
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves verifying FDCM software level and then flash reprogramming of the FDCM with new software.
MODELS:
2005 - 2010 WH/WK Grand Cherokee
2006 - 2010 XH/XK Commander
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles that have had Recall N23 performed.
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customers may indicate that the “Service 4WD” indicator in the instrument cluster is illuminated. They may also indicate that the transfer case will not shift from 4WD High, 4WD Low, and/or Neutral once the lamp is illuminated.
Further investigation identifies that a Diagnostic Trouble Code C140F is stored or active in the Final Drive Control Modules (FDCM) Memory
DIAGNOSIS:
If the customer describes the symptom, perform the Repair Procedure.
POLICY:
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.

This bulletin is supplied as technical information only and is not an authorization for repair. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without written permission of Chrysler Group LLC.
Thanks for posting. I had to educate my dealer about it. Sorry for past rants, nothing personal.
CommanderDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.