Service bulletin number: 21-022-14 - 2005-10 wh/wk,2006-10 xh/xk - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Service bulletin number: 21-022-14 - 2005-10 wh/wk,2006-10 xh/xk

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread Today, 06:00 AM   #1
JeepCares

Service bulletin number: 21-022-14 -2005-10 wh/wk, 2006-2010 xh/xk

SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER: 21-022-14 -2005-10 WH/WK, 2006-2010 XH/XK

FYI -

SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER: 21-022-14
GROUP: Transmission and Transfer Case
DATE: July 10, 2014
SUBJECT:
4WD Lamp Illuminated and Diagnostic Trouble Code C140F Active in Final Drive Control Modules (FDCM) Memory
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves verifying FDCM software level and then flash reprogramming of the FDCM with new software.
MODELS:
2005 - 2010 WH/WK Grand Cherokee
2006 - 2010 XH/XK Commander
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles that have had Recall N23 performed.
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customers may indicate that the “Service 4WD” indicator in the instrument cluster is illuminated. They may also indicate that the transfer case will not shift from 4WD High, 4WD Low, and/or Neutral once the lamp is illuminated.
Further investigation identifies that a Diagnostic Trouble Code C140F is stored or active in the Final Drive Control Modules (FDCM) Memory
DIAGNOSIS:
If the customer describes the symptom, perform the Repair Procedure.
POLICY:
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.

This bulletin is supplied as technical information only and is not an authorization for repair. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without written permission of Chrysler Group LLC.

JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 06:18 AM   #2
caulk04
2008 WK 

First, lol...

So "verifying FDCM software level" sounds to me like there is a new version of the 4-low death flash...is there a better solution now?
Unread Today, 06:23 AM   #3
JeepCares

FDCM software number 56044129AP, 56044199AP, or 68235713AB is now the latest level.

Notice the date on the Bulletin -July 10, 2014. The software was actually available to dealers yesterday, but the bulletin wasn't "published" until July 10.

Also, if the tech updates the software - one of the steps after the flash is:
Turn the ignition key OFF making sure that the key remains OFF for at least 5
seconds. Then cycle the ignition key ON making sure that the key remains ON for at
least 5 seconds. Perform a total of three ignition key OFF to ON cycles making sure
that there is at least a 5 second pause between each key cycle.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 07:01 AM   #4
LouC
2007 WK 

Thanks a lot for this; mine was done back in Sept and works fine but good to hear there is a solution...
Unread Today, 09:56 PM   #5
mooninite

Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated. Is this a new software update or is this a bulletin regarding the previous fix that was released to Jeep dealerships (in which the instructions were made very apparent that it is necessary to clear the codes)?

My Jeep threw the SERVICE 4WD code immediately after getting the N23 update. I then went back to the dealer and they told me there was a revised procedure, which they performed. Of course, some months later, the SERVICE 4WD came back. So is this actually new software?

Thank you for your time and for clarifying this. The reason I ask is because I have been using the fuse-pull method to clear the dash light and if this is the same software that I received a few months ago then I'd rather just keep using the fuse-pull fix instead of having to go to the dealer for a reflash of the same code that broke my 4-LO in the first place.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.