Service 4wd system light - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Service 4wd system light

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 12-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #91
ASTMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJeep09
Thanks, I am a newbie and joined after a search led me to this thread. I will search n23.
It should be on the first page here. There's a bunch of threads about the 4 low not working.

ASTMedic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2014, 09:45 AM   #92
melursus
2008 XK Commander 

I got it fixed (today and for the moment)

My mechanics diagnosed low voltage and charged the battery for a night. The problem ist gone for now. No flash, no parts.
The mentioned update I got a year ago.
melursus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2014, 07:12 AM   #93
tate58
2007 WK 

I've got a 2007 WH JGC CRD, and the service 4wd system showed up when trying to shift into 4lo. I came across this link, tried it, at to my surprise and relief, it worked. http://m.topix.com/forum/autos/jeep-...CFVJSBRAAALA0M
tate58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2014, 10:58 AM   #94
06cdrmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by tate58 View Post
I've got a 2007 WH JGC CRD, and the service 4wd system showed up when trying to shift into 4lo. I came across this link, tried it, at to my surprise and relief, it worked. http://m.topix.com/forum/autos/jeep-...CFVJSBRAAALA0M
That's called the "fuse pull trick" and it was noted in the other N23 thread back in January I believe..
06cdrmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2014, 11:10 AM   #95
06cdrmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by melursus View Post
My mechanics diagnosed low voltage and charged the battery for a night. The problem ist gone for now. No flash, no parts.
The mentioned update I got a year ago.
That is such malarkey (not you, but the battery issue).. In real world situations, batteries don't hold 100% of their charge for any more than three years, + or - a few months and to perform an adjustment that depends on 100% output, all the time and in all conditions is ludicrous and shortsighted, IMO. The tolerances are too tight.

Bottom line is that they released the software as a fix to a hardware problem and now it's causing more problems. New batteries cost $185 and new actuators cost $700 just to hide a problem that could more easily be solved by people using their parking brakes and testing a solution in real-world conditions.

I think it's time to say goodbye to any future Fiat/Chrysler consideration.
06cdrmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.