Service 4wd system light - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Service 4wd system light

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #91
ASTMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJeep09
Thanks, I am a newbie and joined after a search led me to this thread. I will search n23.
It should be on the first page here. There's a bunch of threads about the 4 low not working.

ASTMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2014, 09:45 AM   #92
melursus
2008 XK Commander 

I got it fixed (today and for the moment)

My mechanics diagnosed low voltage and charged the battery for a night. The problem ist gone for now. No flash, no parts.
The mentioned update I got a year ago.
melursus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2014, 07:12 AM   #93
tate58
2007 WK 

I've got a 2007 WH JGC CRD, and the service 4wd system showed up when trying to shift into 4lo. I came across this link, tried it, at to my surprise and relief, it worked. http://m.topix.com/forum/autos/jeep-...CFVJSBRAAALA0M
tate58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2014, 10:58 AM   #94
06cdrmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by tate58 View Post
I've got a 2007 WH JGC CRD, and the service 4wd system showed up when trying to shift into 4lo. I came across this link, tried it, at to my surprise and relief, it worked. http://m.topix.com/forum/autos/jeep-...CFVJSBRAAALA0M
That's called the "fuse pull trick" and it was noted in the other N23 thread back in January I believe..
06cdrmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2014, 11:10 AM   #95
06cdrmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by melursus View Post
My mechanics diagnosed low voltage and charged the battery for a night. The problem ist gone for now. No flash, no parts.
The mentioned update I got a year ago.
That is such malarkey (not you, but the battery issue).. In real world situations, batteries don't hold 100% of their charge for any more than three years, + or - a few months and to perform an adjustment that depends on 100% output, all the time and in all conditions is ludicrous and shortsighted, IMO. The tolerances are too tight.

Bottom line is that they released the software as a fix to a hardware problem and now it's causing more problems. New batteries cost $185 and new actuators cost $700 just to hide a problem that could more easily be solved by people using their parking brakes and testing a solution in real-world conditions.

I think it's time to say goodbye to any future Fiat/Chrysler consideration.
06cdrmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.