Originally Posted by vjsimone
When you meter beeps, isn't that a Complete circuit not an Open circuit. If your meter shows "OL" that would be an Open circuit. I'm asking, because you stated is was "Open" when it beeped.
I'm not hip on terms sorry, just a garage DIY'er
I corrected stuff in new video and corrected description.
oldsmoke - This had nothing to do with N23. My Service 4WD Message is now gone. I don't have an N23 issue, I fixed that with an unflashed FDCM way back when people were running back and forth to the dealer 100 times. No Thank you. Time is money.
It was the Front Actuator/Solenoid.
Parts - Front Axle
52114327AC HARNESS, Electronic Front Axle,With [DSG]
52114003AF ACTUATOR, Axle Locker, With [DSG]
Parts - Rear Axle
52114328AC HARNESS, Electronic Rear Axle, [DSF] Only
52114003AF ACTUATOR, Axle Locker, [DSF] Only
Dropping the Front Axle:
1) Remove Skid Plate
2) Remove Vent Line
3) Remove Connector Wire
4) Remove the Propeller Shaft (4-bolts)
5) Remove the three bushing mounts (3 bolts; 15mm and 20mm needed)
6) Use Bottle Jack to tilt/position the axle down to get to the 10 bolts (16mm needed)
7) Leave two bolts on and put pan under axle to catch old fluid when you open up the housing
8) Replace Actuator/Harness, clean housing and replace housing cover
9) Reverse rest of the steps adding fluid at the end till it runs out of the fill hole
What you need:
1) Basic Tools - 15mm, 16mm, 20mm,extensions (mainly for propeller shaft and the one bushing bolt)
2) 13mm Hex Socket - Use a 13mm wrench on end to remove cap
3) RTV for Axle Housing Cover
4) 2 Quarts of 75-140 Diff Fluid; I used Royal Purple so no anti wear additive needed). You will use about a quart and a half.
I hope this helps someone.