Service 4wd system light - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Service 4wd system light

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 07-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #76
Megs_Revenge
2005 WK 

Yes, but isn't the computer causing the tcase issue? Perhaps I'm wrong?

[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Silver"]Silver WK club #69[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Silver"]Oo|||||||oO[/COLOR][/FONT]
Megs_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #77
phottomatt
2010 JK Wrangler 

Its not part of the recall, the recall is a software issue. I asked my dealership and they are not ready to do the recalls yet. I was hoping to get both done at the same time, Pooh well, at least i have a service plan that is covering this job.
Unread 08-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #78
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentman View Post
My money is on the front. It is harder to do. Therefore, Murphy's Law ensures that the hard one to do is the one that fails. That was the case for me. I have a spare solenoid on the shelf at home for the next time that the front one fails again.
yep, 14.1 on the rear, 1400 on the front.
07 Steel Blue Overland CRD QDII | Bilsteins | 4xguard Matrix | Rear SRT8 SwayBar | DashHawk w/egt | Provent | MBRP XP Exhaust | New Intake Tube & Seal + EHM | Alternator Splash Guard | Crank Sensor | GPS AL InMotion Hack | Swirl motor bypass | Fuelly.com - wookiee | Blue WK Club Member #13 | 100,000 Mile Club | Dogpiled Club | flashpaq 3872 for those no 4-low days |
wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 02:10 AM   #79
kentman
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiee View Post
yep, 14.1 on the rear, 1400 on the front.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Vanna, what prize do we have for our lucky contestant today?

Have fun with the swap. I just did the differential fluids on the XK last weekend. I had the cover off the rear, but I just did the drain and fill on the front. I only mess with the front cover if the solenoid is bad.
Unread 09-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #80
stipo
2010 WK 

Mine won't start, after a wash yeaterday, the "Service 4 wd System " Warning Light is on. Waiting for a tow.
stipo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #81
stipo
2010 WK 

I have spoken to Chrysler. The fdcm is faulty , my 2010 5.7 hemi overland is 3 months out of warranty. But we're trying to get $2600 cost covered by Chrysler. I am lucky the problem occured while I was home, instead of 350 km away for work. The cost of towing the vehicle would have been astronomical.
stipo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #82
2006jeepjeff

I just took my 2006 Grand Cherokee Overland in and they said the transfer case motor needed to be replaced. $550 for the part and with labor it ended up being like $945. They said the motor was backordered like a month and a half.
2006jeepjeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #83
ASTMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006jeepjeff View Post
I just took my 2006 Grand Cherokee Overland in and they said the transfer case motor needed to be replaced. $550 for the part and with labor it ended up being like $945. They said the motor was backordered like a month and a half.
Was this code after you tried to put it in 4low? Did you have the safety update done?
ASTMedic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #84
MikeJeep09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTMedic View Post
Was this code after you tried to put it in 4low? Did you have the safety update done?
Funny you should ask this question. I had the recall done and had never tried to put in in 4 wheel low, so just for the heck of it now that there is snow I tried and it did not go in low and warning came on dash. Is there a reason you ask?
MikeJeep09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #85
ducktail
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006jeepjeff View Post
I dare say that is BS. The code did not work in all likely hood so they want to put in an new part.

My is/was supposedly full of corrosion so they ordered a new part AFTER doing the re-programming. Why should a Jeep need a new part from corrosion? Seriously. The rest of it is just fine, or at least appears so.

Just why are all these transfer motors going bad now? Why are they on such a back order?
Unread 12-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #86
ASTMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJeep09
Funny you should ask this question. I had the recall done and had never tried to put in in 4 wheel low, so just for the heck of it now that there is snow I tried and it did not go in low and warning came on dash. Is there a reason you ask?
Look at the thread about N23 safety update. It's screwed up all out 4 low.
Unread 12-14-2013, 06:44 AM   #87
Huck
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducktail View Post
I dare say that is BS. The code did not work in all likely hood so they want to put in an new part.

My is/was supposedly full of corrosion so they ordered a new part AFTER doing the re-programming. Why should a Jeep need a new part from corrosion? Seriously. The rest of it is just fine, or at least appears so.

Just why are all these transfer motors going bad now? Why are they on such a back order?
THE ACTUATOR MOTORS ARE NOT BAD.
We are loosing a tinny bit voltage at the actuator electrical connector.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2013, 07:40 AM   #88
Blown7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
THE ACTUATOR MOTORS ARE NOT BAD.
We are loosing a tinny bit voltage at the actuator electrical connector.
Huh???

You serious?

What your argument?
Blown7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #89
ASTMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck
THE ACTUATOR MOTORS ARE NOT BAD. We are loosing a tinny bit voltage at the actuator electrical connector.
As I commented on the other post about this. Are we supposed to solder the connection to prevent this? Then what when the actuator goes out?

However this is the most reasonable idea I've heard about this problem. It would explain why it's totally erratic and only a code clear is needed to fix it till the next time the FDCM sees a voltage drop.
Unread 12-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #90
MikeJeep09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTMedic View Post
Look at the thread about N23 safety update. It's screwed up all out 4 low.
Thanks, I am a newbie and joined after a search led me to this thread. I will search n23.
MikeJeep09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.