Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Service 4WD System Message Help

6K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Guitarmann2460 
#1 ·
My Jeep has been having issues with the service 4wd drive system message coming on as well as the traction, abs and esp/bas lights. I get these to come on randomly during accelerations and then they go away. I've noticed that this started happening after having my shocks and struts replaced and have no idea what's wrong as there are no codes showing up. I have attached a picture of the lights that are coming on. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
First off check the condition of your battery and the connectors. These rigs go hay wire with errors if the battery is not up to snuff.

What scanner are you using for codes. Most scanners will not reveal the 4x4 codes.

#3 ·
have a look at the ABS / wheel sensors their connectors maybe they got disturbed during your install and check the bearings

when I had abs sensor go bad it would light up the esp/tc lights intermittently but not the service 4wd. my bearing was also on its way out.

#8 ·
I just dealt with this same issue. It's definitely abs related. I would start with the abs sensors in the wheel hub first. Make sure you didn't damage or break anything during your replacement. One crack in these sensors can cause a whole lot of lights to show up and can drive you nuts trying to figure it out. My issue showed up after suspension work and rough country 2 inch lift. I had cracked both front abs sensors in the process of removing hubs for cv replacement. Finally put in new sensors and the lights went away but now my abs kicks on randomly at accelerating from a stop and I've been told it could be the steering angle sensor. Unplugged the sensors for the time being until I can get this sorted out. In my case I'm guessing the 2 inch lift is causing this issue and it's driving me crazy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.