Service 4WD System - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Service 4WD System

Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday SaNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #1
CASS_13

Service 4WD System

I know this thread has been done a lot but I can't find the answer. I have an 06 Laredo. When I pull the lever to switch to 4LO, the message "service 4WD System" shows up then and only then. Any ideas on what that could be?

CASS_13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Are you able to pull any codes? Have you gotten the Recall taken care of lately? It could be numerous things. If you dont have anything to pull codes with try the key dance and see what codes pop up in the EVIC.
Unread 09-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
CASS_13

I don't have a code reader. And the key dance is unfamiliar to me?
Unread 09-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
CASS_13

And what was the recall on and when was it?
Unread 09-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

The key dance is turning the key from the "off" position to the "on" position 3 times fast. Sometimes i have to do it a few times everytime to get the speed right but once you do it'll pop in in the EVIC saying "DTC Report" then it will list any codes if there are any. If not it will state "DTC Report Done". And here is a link to the thread about the recall: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/r...nders-1521883/ Some people were having problems with the 4X4 system afterwards but since you havnt done the recall, the message wont be from it.
Unread 09-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
CASS_13

I just did it. It said, "DTC REPORT DONE"
Unread 10-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
rotorhead511
2006 WK 

Just had mine flashed three weeks ago and tried to engage 4WD LO yesterday. No engagement and the dreaded "Service 4WD System". I did the key dance code reader and got nothing. Talked to the dealer and got the default, flash has nothing to do with the issue. Bringing it to them tomorrow to do some digging. I hate bringing my car to anyone but my AC evaporator went out and in the process of fixing it they flashed it due to recall. What the hell?
rotorhead511 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
Taenianotus
2006 WK 

I had this problem on my GC when I bought it - service 4wd system kept coming on and off - it was the actuator and replaced under warranty. This is a very common fault with wk / wh. Also, I have had mine re-flashed with the N23 recall and have no issues with this item since then. Also the DTC report (i.e. the key dance) will not show C type faults i.e. most service 4wd system faults. Go to the dealer and ask them to run the scan and provide scan report (often they will provide list of parts / part numbers / and part costs related to these fault as well if you ask)- Jeep costing guide is .3 hour labour for this task of scan check and report.
Taenianotus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.