To remove seatbelt chime
1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and fasten the drivers seatbelt.
2. Start engine, and wait for Seat Belt warning light to turn OFF.
3. Within 60 seconds of starting engine, unbuckle and then re-buckle driver's seat belt at least 3 times, ending with belt buckled.
4. Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that your life is in your own hands.
Has anyone tested this with a 2008 WK? Just curious...
This is from the 2008 service manual
CUSTOMER PROGRAMMING SEQUENCE
NOTE: The following sequence of events must occur within 60 seconds of the ignition switch being placed in the ON position in order for the programming to be completed successfully. Even if the vehicle is equipped with both driver and passenger side front seat belt switches, this programming sequence MUST be performed using the driver side front seat belt. The passenger side front seat belt switch has no programming functionality.
1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any position except ON or START, buckle the driver side front seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the seatbelt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds).
3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.
4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except ON or START to toggle the BELTMINDER feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed.
Well I did it on mine.. used it the next day and the chime still comes on when driving without the belt on.. so I'd say this doesn't work as a permanent sol'n - prob works only for that time that you do it.