Sell the WK for a Commander? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Sell the WK for a Commander?

Corbeau Seats & Harness from CCOR!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Bds suspension discount

Unread 11-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
Muddy4DSM

Sell the WK for a Commander?

So it's been almost a year to the day since I bought my WK. It's an 06 ltd and it's been pretty much great. It's got a BB and Sahara wheels, new stereo, programmer and hasn't given me any problems over the last 10K miles. The whole reason I got the Jeep was because we got two puppies last fall and needed a vehicle to transport both of them with their kennels.

Now I've been looking around and have caught myself checking out the Commanders online and been seeing Limiteds in a lower price range than what mine cost with the saddle brown leather that gets me all excited. I know I'll get in trouble with the woman for wanting a new car again (4 new-to-me cars in the last 4 years or so) but I think I'd like the little bit more room, the upgraded leather and the nav/mp3/ipod system all included. Not to mention the vehicles I've seen have the HEMI where mine only has the 4.7L. I know the aftermarket isn't as great for the XK, but aside from a lift and stereo (and wheels, shocks, whatever else goes with it) I don't see myself going balls out at this point. Can anyone talk me out of my thoughts of pursuing the Commander trail over my WK?

Unread 11-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #2
alex725
2009 XK Commander 

Do it!! I love my commander, it's my favorite vehicle I have ever owned!! I would kill for a black or gray limited with the saddle interior and a Hemi though. And after last night with my XK getting me from work to home in about 40 miles of snow ranging from 4-10 inches, 10 once I got off the highway and about 15 miles driving through mostly untouched roads, I'm sold on these forever! I constantly get compliments on mine all the time because its not the usual jeep that you see all over like the grand Cherokees and the wranglers (not that there is anything wrong with them!).
alex725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 01:14 AM   #3
DieselDevotion
2007 WK 

I bought my wife's Crd for the motor. Would have rather had a commander if it was offered with a diesel option!
DieselDevotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #4
06JeepXKHEMI
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have a LTD Commander with the Saddle Brown guts and love it! Oh and the HEMI with QDII and OME HD lift, programmed, etc... I love this thing, I chose it over a GC because you dont see many lifted and they are less common. As far as aftermarket its not as small as many think, they share the same chasis as the GC so everything available fits the XK. The reason the market is soft for them is because they are big and get less mpg than GC, I avg around 13.5 city and 17 hghway after program.. Heres a snap shot of mine..
Unread 11-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #5
Muddy4DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
I have a LTD Commander with the Saddle Brown guts and love it! Oh and the HEMI with QDII and OME HD lift, programmed, etc... I love this thing, I chose it over a GC because you dont see many lifted and they are less common. As far as aftermarket its not as small as many think, they share the same chasis as the GC so everything available fits the XK. The reason the market is soft for them is because they are big and get less mpg than GC, I avg around 13.5 city and 17 hghway after program.. Heres a snap shot of mine..
YOU! You're the reason I started looking at Commanders again!!

I saw this picture a couple days ago on here and that combo of the green with the saddle inside looked so awesome that it made me start looking around the area again to see what was out there.

Do you have any more shots of your rig?
Unread 11-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
Rob 99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
That Jeep Green is hands down the best color for a WK/XK imo.

07' WK Silver 5.7 QD2, Bilsteins & front strut plates.
Rob 99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #7
06JeepXKHEMI
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks guys!! I definitely HAD to have this when I saw it come up. So far I know of only ONE other Jeep Green with Saddle Brown, definitely got my hands on a rare piece.. Here is a link to my photobucket to look at some pics, there are some random pics but it will give you an idea of what Ive done to my XK. I will never get rid of her..
http://s1173.beta.photobucket.com/us...inson/library/
Unread 11-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #8
rsurran

2005 WK 

My GC fits me perfectly and will fly with the 5.7L Hemi. Frankly I like the GC body style over the XK. I believe the Commander might be the intended replacement for the XJ which I've owned twice. I owned a 2008 Mustang GT that would also fly with the 4.6L. I had to leave the Mustang home in the bad weather and I also felt like the center of attention for law enforcement whenever I took it out. Now I have the best all around package for me. And, I never have to leave it home. Good luck on your choice.

Dick Surran

"When you stop contributing you are just taking up space."
rsurran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #9
Camp
2005 WK 

I also prefer the look of the wk over the xk. At first I didn't even like the look of the xk, but it has grown on me and now I really do like boxy look of it. The only plus side I see of an xk over a wk (besides look preference) is the slightly larger cargo area and optional 3rd row seating. I find times that I really wished I had that 3rd row. But overall I'm very happy that I went with the wk over the xk.
Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #10
Retireat50
2008 WK 

I was looking at the GC and Commander earlier this year. I really wanted to like the Commander better but after driving it, I found it to be a little tighter in the shoulder by the driver side door and thought the dash was a little cheap feeling compared to the GC. I was comparing a GC Limited against a Commander Overland. I have no need for a gird row seat so that advantage old have been wasted on me.
Retireat50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #11
chrali
2006 XK Commander 

Get a commander! I'm getting to love my 06 CRD limited Commander.

Mines mainly driven 1 up , and occasionally 2 up and the dogs.

As such a GC would've fitted just fine, but I found it a bit plain and the dash equally so. I loved the look over the Commander, but was a bit iffy at first about the false allen key bolts on the wheel arches as they look a bit poncy!

Wish we could have that saddle brown leather !
chrali is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.