Self-Installed Uconnect on MyGIG REN - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Self-Installed Uconnect on MyGIG REN

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-12-2008, 08:35 AM   #1
microbmen

Self-Installed Uconnect on MyGIG REN

Hello,
I have a 2008 Cherokee with the REN MyGig, the one with out nav. I purchased the Uconnect/ipod module and installed it. The IPOD adapter works perfect so i know i hooked it up correctly, however when i push the uconnect buttons on the radio i get "uconnect is not installed" or "not equipped with uconnect" i forget the exact words. How do i get the radio to recognize the uconnect?

One more question, when i installed the uconnect i had to unplug the smaller of the plugs behind the radio, and plug in the uconnect plug, what wire did i unplug that is no longer plugged in? if that makes any sense.

Thank you,

microbmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
microbmen

I have searched and searched, and i think i need to bring my Cherokee to a dealer to have them enable the uconnect with something call starscan? ... I hope they don't charge me, and I hope that it only takes a few minutes... anyone have any experience with this?
Unread 04-21-2008, 07:48 PM   #3
microbmen

ok, i went to the dealer today and after talking to 15 people and telling them all about this great website that told me everything that needs to be done.. in about 1hr I got someone to hook up the starscan and I now have uconnect!!!! YAY!! ... its awsome, but i need to figure out how to use it.
Unread 04-22-2008, 09:19 PM   #4
z_gilligan
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by microbmen View Post
ok, i went to the dealer today and after talking to 15 people and telling them all about this great website that told me everything that needs to be done.. in about 1hr I got someone to hook up the starscan and I now have uconnect!!!! YAY!! ... its awsome, but i need to figure out how to use it.
How much did they charge you? I was charged 50 bucks when I had my tow package activated that I put on. Of course it only took 10 minutes for them to do that.

HIS 2010 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Deep Water Blue
HERS 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee White
z_gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008, 04:49 AM   #5
microbmen

they charged me for 30min of their time... understandable... it came to like 57 bucks...
Unread 10-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #6
llapierre

Hi, I'm trying to get the Uconnect installed in my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee with REN head unit. I've taken it to the dealership 3+ times and they can't even figure out the right module that they need to get Uconnect up and running. So far all they've managed to do is install a microphone, but no actual Uconnect module to my knowledge.

I'm taking things into my own hands since I'm not getting anywhere with the dealership. It sounds like I am in a similar situation as you.

My question is what was the part number of the Uconnect Module that you installed?

I found this on justforjeeps.com:

Item # 82212499 (Replaces Item # 82211877) - Installation Guide
2008-2010 Grand Cherokee (WK)
2008-2010 Commander (XK)
2009-2011 Patriot (MK)
2009-2011 Compass (MK)
For use with radios with the UConnect Buttons only.
Retail Price: $274.00 | Sale Price $246.60

I'm thinking about doing the install myself and then just having them activate the Starscan, but want to make sure this is the correct module.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
llapierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #7
TeXJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Thread Resurrection, again!

llapierre did you ever get yours installed and which one did you use?

I'm wanting to do this to my 2008 REN unit, and the info on the net, not that great.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.