Seat belt reminder - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Seat belt reminder

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-29-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
88mudder

Seat belt reminder

Anybody had trouble turning off thier seat belt reminder? (2006 Grand Cherokee) I did what the owner's manual said, plug unplug 3 times, etc. But it still dings when the belt is not on.....Any suggestions??? Thanks!!!

88mudder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
grebesjeep
2005 WK 

I had the same problem, i think i did it wrong the first time and tried again and it still didn't work. I disconnected the battery over night, and did it again the next day it worked.
grebesjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2009, 07:12 AM   #3
88mudder

I will give that a try tonight! Thanks!
88mudder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2009, 11:52 PM   #4
kudah

get in the jeep, put the seatbelt on
turn key to on
unbuckle, buckle, x3 ending with seatbelt buckled.
turn key to off
you will hear a chime when you turn key off.

took several tries in my jeep. took one try in a ram truck after reading plain directions like those above.
Unread 11-01-2009, 10:29 PM   #5
Fizzle1979
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudah View Post
get in the jeep, put the seatbelt on
turn key to on
unbuckle, buckle, x3 ending with seatbelt buckled.
turn key to off
you will hear a chime when you turn key off.

took several tries in my jeep. took one try in a ram truck after reading plain directions like those above.
I tried this twice...no luck. Will try again tomorrow.
| 2010 JK Unlimited Mountain | Rescue Green | Rugged Ridge Front Bumper | Rugged Ridge Winch Spacer | Rugged Ridge Rear Bumper | Rugged Ridge Tire Carrier | Warn Powerplant HD | Mopar Rock Sliders | Synergy Suspension Front & Rear Grab Handles | AEV 2.5" Lift | AEV Savegre Black Wheels | BFGR 35x12.50x17 KM2s | Rigid Dually LED | Boom Mat
Fizzle1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2009, 11:01 PM   #6
kudah

when you turn the key to on, not starting the jeep. wait until the seatbelt light goes out before you unbuckle the first time
Unread 11-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #7
Fizzle1979
2010 JK Wrangler 

This ended up working for me. Thanks for the post.
| 2010 JK Unlimited Mountain | Rescue Green | Rugged Ridge Front Bumper | Rugged Ridge Winch Spacer | Rugged Ridge Rear Bumper | Rugged Ridge Tire Carrier | Warn Powerplant HD | Mopar Rock Sliders | Synergy Suspension Front & Rear Grab Handles | AEV 2.5" Lift | AEV Savegre Black Wheels | BFGR 35x12.50x17 KM2s | Rigid Dually LED | Boom Mat
Fizzle1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.