Seat belt dinger - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Seat belt dinger

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Closed Thread
Unread 07-23-2007, 08:53 AM   #1
Swayse
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Seat belt dinger

I've searched, and didn't find any help. I guess what worked on the 06, don't work on the 07. I can't stand the little dinger, and I don't always wanna wear my seat belt.

I know, I know, it's against the law not to wear your selt belt, and belts save lives. Sure, whatever, it's all rigged. When you have an accident, and the police man asks you if you were wearing your seat belt, and you say no, you get a ticket. If you're dead, and not wearing a seat belt, there isn't anyway to get out of that. Until they don't give tickets if you're not wearing your after an accident, the stats are all wrong. Sorry, rant off, life's too short to be tied down in your own car all the time.

Unread 07-24-2007, 08:44 AM   #2
Swayse
2004 TJ Wrangler 

No help huh. That's cool, I'll just test the seat belt wires and see what I need to do, either cut them or ground them. I'm betting ground them, like I did in my 06 Dodge, works like a charm.
Unread 07-24-2007, 09:52 AM   #3
vtbert3
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swayse
Sorry, rant off, life's too short to be tied down in your own car all the time.

And it would be even shorter if you die from being ejected from your own car. I guess you might be the type of person that would also ride a motorcycle without a helmet?
vtbert3 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2007, 10:30 AM   #4
2007GC Overland
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtbert3
And it would be even shorter if you die from being ejected from your own car. I guess you might be the type of person that would also ride a motorcycle without a helmet?
TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE ABOVE STATEMENT

You know what worry me the most, you might have children and you would be the type that allows them to ride without a seat belt - risking their lives!
2007GC Overland is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2007, 11:22 AM   #5
drewman141
Gas Guzzler

1994 ZJ 

To each his own I guess. The OP knows what he is doing. I do not agree with it but there is no need to flame him for it. With that said, this thread is closed as it is not a postive contribution to the forum.

Try this http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=11

And if anyone has any other suggestions PM the OP.

MUST GO! 1994 Limited ZJ 5.2L V8 - Light Driftwood Satin Glow
It's a 94 5.2L Limited - trxus 33's on 15x7 steelies, 4.56s w/ front OX and rear trutrac, NP242 swap, novak shift kit, Kevin's ultimate 4.5" lift + ACOS, ARB front bumper w/warn M8000, rear tomkin machine bumper w/ tire carrier, kevin's hardore railz, kevin's ultimate tc skid, kevin's trackbar conversion, rusty's gas skid, flexalite efan, Kolak's performance ignition and brake upgrades. ViAir OBA, custom storage/sub box and I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I'm missing. Everything is a little over 3 years old with less than 10K miles. Looking to get around $4k.

drewman141 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.