Scootr29 Build Up - 2008 CRD QT2 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Scootr29 Build Up - 2008 CRD QT2

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Reply
Unread 01-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #16
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........
 
JeepN4KC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Blue Springs, MO
Posts: 5,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
Got these from UPS last night from JBA...also what a pleasant surprise to get a video about Jesus...

Those JBA UCA's look much beefier than the stock arms. I'm guessing they can really take a beating and will last forever.

__________________
~Mike~

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #17
scootr29
Web Wheeler
 
scootr29's Avatar
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 2,660
I agree on the thickness...trying to do as much as possible to make this Jeep last for a long time.

Also ordered a set of these....greaseable tie rod ends...they look stronger than OEM. I am trying to upgrade as much as possible and just get one alignment. Other than replacing bushings and the lower control arm....anything other wearable item I should look at replacing. I was thinking about the bushings for the sway bar, but I can do that after an alignment.

__________________
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #18
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........
 
JeepN4KC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Blue Springs, MO
Posts: 5,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
I agree on the thickness...trying to do as much as possible to make this Jeep last for a long time.

Also ordered a set of these....greaseable tie rod ends...they look stronger than OEM. I am trying to upgrade as much as possible and just get one alignment. Other than replacing bushings and the lower control arm....anything other wearable item I should look at replacing. I was thinking about the bushings for the sway bar, but I can do that after an alignment.

Well your rotors will eventually wear out. Your axle half shafts will too. And your swaybar and your sway links and your steering rack and .....
__________________
~Mike~

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #19
scootr29
Web Wheeler
 
scootr29's Avatar
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 2,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Well your rotors will eventually wear out. Your axle half shafts will too. And your swaybar and your sway links and your steering rack and .....
Yea I know that...but just thinking of things to do since I will have everything torn down...I do have new rotors.
__________________
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #20
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........
 
JeepN4KC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Blue Springs, MO
Posts: 5,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
Yea I know that...but just thinking of things to do since I will have everything torn down...I do have new rotors.
The rotors are really the only thing I could think of. You'll have all the wheels off anyway and alot of the suspension disassembled so if you have the $'s you might as well smack the current one's off and put some newer aftermarket rotors. Only thing is, are your current rotors in bad shape? Are the new rotors you're talking about already on the rig?
__________________
~Mike~

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #21
scootr29
Web Wheeler
 
scootr29's Avatar
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 2,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
The rotors are really the only thing I could think of. You'll have all the wheels off anyway and alot of the suspension disassembled so if you have the $'s you might as well smack the current one's off and put some newer aftermarket rotors. Only thing is, are your current rotors in bad shape? Are the new rotors you're talking about already on the rig?
I got new fr/rear Stillen drilled rotors and pads waiting to go....
__________________
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #22
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........
 
JeepN4KC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Blue Springs, MO
Posts: 5,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
I got new fr/rear Stillen drilled rotors and pads waiting to go....
Dude, it sounds like the only thing left is to put this badboy together once everything is delivered.
__________________
~Mike~

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #23
scootr29
Web Wheeler
 
scootr29's Avatar
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 2,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Dude, it sounds like the only thing left is to put this badboy together once everything is delivered.
Maybe I should get drunk and post something bad about Kolak and yell at him for not hand delivering my OME lift....










j/k


Yea I have been saving up for a while.....and now is the time to just do it all at one time.
__________________
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #24
BAH101
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Posts: 736
My lift came in 4 boxes, unfortunately, I only got 3 in the first delivery. I live in northern Ontario and have the items delivered to a border store, so that made two trips. Unfortunately, Kolak could not provide the shipping numbers, as they are shipped from different area. But, I'd did find out how to get them from a partial shipment (UPS anyways) there is a reference number on the UPS tag, so you can type that into their website and it will bring up all the items for that shipping lot. Just in case you were wondering. But it did save me unnecessary trip cross the border.
__________________
2008 CRD QDII, OME HD, Pintlers wheels with 265/70/17 Goodyear Silent Armour's, Jeepinbyal UCA's. 4XGuard Front guard, Side Guard, belly guard, Matrix HC. GDE ECO Tune w/ delete.
BAH101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #25
scootr29
Web Wheeler
 
scootr29's Avatar
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 2,660
More stuff from the big brown truck....

Greaseable tie rod ends....





5 Duratracs....they are better in person and set of OME springs....

__________________
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #26
TangoTango
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,061
Which OME lift did you get (in inches) ?

I have an 08 and my fog lights are white... you fogs look yellow, are the yellow or is that just the camera?
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #27
scootr29
Web Wheeler
 
scootr29's Avatar
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 2,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoTango View Post
Which OME lift did you get (in inches) ?

I have an 08 and my fog lights are white... you fogs look yellow, are the yellow or is that just the camera?
I went with the OME HD....I think it is listed as 2.5"

And my fogs are yellow...I bought yellow bulbs and yellow vinyl...they are ok...more cosmetic than anything.

http://www.lamin-x.com/Jeep-Grand-Ch...ers-p/j105.htm
__________________
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #28
AJeepZJ
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ft Bragg, MO
Posts: 3,575
Those Duratrac's sure look mighty tasty. What size you get those fat meats in?

edit: nvm - I read you got 265/70/17's... I can't wait to see how this turns out...

Have you already done your pinchweld and fender trim mods??
__________________
All Gear, No Skill.
AJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #29
scootr29
Web Wheeler
 
scootr29's Avatar
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 2,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
Those Duratrac's sure look mighty tasty. What size you get those fat meats in?
265/70/17....they are awesome looking and cant wait to get everything put on......
__________________
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #30
scootr29
Web Wheeler
 
scootr29's Avatar
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 2,660
Got the Duratracs mounted this afternoon....still waiting on the OME struts and shocks...Kolak is going to drive me to drinking.

Also got me 2 new smittybuilt front shackles, a fumoto quick drain valve for the oil pan, some new black lugnuts, and a new oil-less aFe panel filter that was a mofo tight fit.....also installed a new cabin filter and some new windshield wipers.







That is all for now...oil change, pinch weld and fender trim this weekend....hopefully lift in next weekend...
__________________
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.