ScanGuage II codes for transmssion temp - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > ScanGuage II codes for transmssion temp

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-31-2014, 11:15 AM   #1
IIMacGyverII

2007 WK 

ScanGuage II codes for transmssion temp

Does anyone have the ScanGuage X-codes?

I just got my ScanGuage II to read my transmission temps and I remember finding the codes I needed to enter in to the scanguage on this forum and I remember them being very easy to find... I have just spent the last 3 hours searching here and on Google and I can't find them....

I would really appreciate it if someone would point me in the right direction?

BTW I have a 2007 CRD WK.

Unread 03-31-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
IIMacGyverII

2007 WK 

I was able to find it in this thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/h...ssion-1511509/

Here is what 08-oIIIIIo-WK had to say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-oIIIIIo-WK View Post
I just went through this with my 08 WK.

JeepCares wrote up the exact procedure outlined in the service manual in this thread:

Grand Cherokee CRD - Transmission Fluid Change

The biggest challenge is that the fluid level must be set according to the temperature/level chart shown in the above thread. The problem is determining the correct fluid temperature. The dealership does this with a scan tool connected to the OBD port. After much Googling I was able to find X-Gauge codes to be able to program my ScanGauge unit to monitor the transmission fluid temp. These codes work with my '08 WK with the 3.7 engine. I expect they will work with other years, but may not work with other powertrain combos.

Scangauge X-Gauge codes for Jeep Transmission Fluid Temperature (F)
TXD: 07E1215C
RXF: 0461055C0000
RXD: 4808
MTH: 00090005FFC5
NAM: TFT

Once you know the fluid temperature, you just have to measure the fluid level. The correct tool is a Miller 9336a dipstick, but I just used a piece of clear fuel line and just measure the fluid level from the bottom. It can be a bit tricky to tell exactly when the dipstick hits the bottom of the pan. The first couple times I checked mine it seemed to get hung up on something (probably a small ridge where the fill tube goes into the trans). I thought it was bottomed out by it wasn't. It wasn't showing any fluid on the stick so I knew something was wrong. Mark a line 40" from the end of the fuel line. When you insert it all the way to that mark you should be bottomed out.
I was able to put this in and it seems to work. I will test it out tonight with my modified kitchen thermometer and update.
Unread 03-31-2014, 02:32 PM   #3
IIMacGyverII

2007 WK 

Update,

Confirmed, the temp matches the kitchen thermometer. This x-code works for My 2007 CRD WK with the ScanGuage II.
Unread 03-31-2014, 09:33 PM   #4
caddydaddy
2007 WK 

I have the ScanGaugeII as well. Awesome little device!
caddydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.