Saw the new commader commercial - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Saw the new commader commercial

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 10-19-2005, 09:03 AM   #16
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

There is no waiting. Daystar and Rocky Road make lift kits for the WK... which has the same suspension as the XK.

And I'm happy you (Jason) mentioned about the PT having it's own platform.. i was about to go crazy for a second!

Unread 10-22-2005, 12:54 AM   #17
Decipticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWtoTHEjeepLIF
To me it looks just like the H2... The H1 is much more manly and the H3 is just different but to me...... The commander looks like an H2 that just came out of the dryer. JMHO

vs

hmm...I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
Unread 11-04-2005, 01:26 PM   #18
jakrabit

You're right Deciption

i'll take the commander over the h2 or h3 anyday... as a matter of fact, i DID!!! yesterday!

loving it, too... first new car i have ever owned, and i've wanted one since i read about them in June.

jakrabit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2005, 05:17 PM   #19
SYCOHEMI

Congrats JackRabbit. I am enjoying mine too. Please post some pics of your new Commander.

Just drove 440 highway miles from So Cal (OC) to Nor Cal (SF). Found it comfortable, and handles the family well. Looking forward to offroading in 2 weeks through Mojave.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2005, 05:14 PM   #20
lauxie
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you ask me, Jeep was smart to come up with the Commander. It's been designed to compete with the Hummer line in an effort to regain marketshare from GM. Moreover, they are offering a vehicle in the same class as GM but it's a JEEP. Complain all you want but women prefer Jeep because of safety, looks, reliability, blah blah blah and JEEP was smart to once again cash in on that logic.

BTW, my GF is buying one tomorrow.

'04 Rubicon
5 spd
no cruise...ever
stock besides cheap + basic mods
lauxie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2005, 10:14 PM   #21
SYCOHEMI

I have to say, I have been really impressed with my Commander so far.

It seems to be well designed and thought out.

I think it will do well if people give it a chance.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 12-05-2005, 09:59 PM   #22
SMJBA

I traded my wife 02 Yukon SLT for a new 05 Honda Pilot. I kept it for 2000 miles and traded it for a 06 Commander Limited with all options...this one is a keeper..I do not do off road anymore but Canadian winters being what they are the Commander is by far the best all time 4WD I ever had. I drove the H2 and the H3 and several other SUVs. My only complain is the outaded NAV DVD for wich the update will be relased in few months. Short of that it is an aswome vehicule
I also have a 06 F-150 King Ranch...don't compare the KR leather seat with the Commander saddle seats..there is a reason why the KR is a 3,000$ option and the Commander saddle seat are 150$

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/....cfm?gnum=6694
SMJBA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2005, 06:08 AM   #23
CinciSurWJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMJBA
I traded my wife 02 Yukon SLT for a new 05 Honda Pilot. I kept it for 2000 miles and traded it for a 06 Commander Limited with all options...this one is a keeper..I
Congratulation on your Commander purchase !

So what made you to trade Honda Pilot, anything wrong with it ???
Kevin's 2.5"BB, DT3000, OME SS, Addco Rear Sway bar
Front Skid & Transfer Case Skid.

CinciSurWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2005, 10:10 AM   #24
SYCOHEMI

I looked at the Pilot too, but figured it wouldn't cut any serious offroading. Seems like a great deal for the money. Lots of storage places, etc.

I will be bummed if the DVD is upgraded right away. If so, I will probably try to upgrade my unit, depending on the advantages. I work in real estate development, so I use Navigation on a regular basis. I've been satisfied with it so far, although it takes a little longer to input then I'd like. Otherwise it seems like a responsive and accurate system during operation.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 12-06-2005, 06:27 PM   #25
SMJBA

Code:
So what made you to trade Honda Pilot, anything wrong with it ???
9 time at the garage in 10 weeks and still unresolved issues... Quality is grossely overstated and promesses are underdelivered...4WD just average ...no such thing as "trail rated"...and I felt you have no personnality driving this vehicule

As far as the NAV unfortunatly the coverage in Canada is very limited. I am trying to get the Alpine DVD which is a 2005 release as oppose as a 2004 for Jeep
Unread 12-07-2005, 01:26 AM   #26
SYCOHEMI

So you're referring to the software, the DVD itself, being updated, and not the hardware Navigation Unit being updated?

That makes me feel better, if so.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 12-07-2005, 06:44 PM   #27
SMJBA

sorry for the confusion...Yes I do refer to the DVD itself...there are other aftermarket NAV that offers more features but not enough benefit to mess around an after maket install. The OEM NAV screen looks quite good where it is...
The bummer is that Alpine aftermarket unit do have a 2005 version with detailed mapping while they have not upgraded the Jeep eventhough it is readily available...
Unread 12-07-2005, 08:49 PM   #28
SGilbert
2014 KL Cherokee 

Firstly, will the Alpine DVD work on the Jeep/Alpine system?

Secondly, how do we/you know that the DVD we now have is a 2004 vintage?

Lastly, where do we check to find out when a new version will be/has come out?
Unread 12-09-2005, 06:30 PM   #29
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The XK is sweet! IMHO, it looks better in the flesh then on TV. I love it. Stud looking Jeep, and wow does it look even cooler lifted. For anyone with kids, stuff, things to tow, sweet! But it's just the wife and I, so a TJ and KJ for now. Right now I'm thinking the XK will replace our KJ (in three years).

It makes the WK look small.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2005, 09:10 PM   #30
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie
It makes the WK look small.
until you park them side by side...
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.