Saw the new commader commercial - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Saw the new commader commercial

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-16-2005, 01:22 PM   #1
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF
Web Wheeler

Saw the new commader commercial

Three rows of seating...Three climate controls..... Three levels of ugly

Bad, worse, worst! Man that is a Hummer wannabe if i ever saw one... It has to be great for hauling....Kids though

NEWtoTHEjeepLIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2005, 02:07 PM   #2
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Welp... at least it wasn't on a paved road.... and didn't have a mom and her kids in it.
Unread 10-16-2005, 09:07 PM   #3
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlon_jbt
Welp... at least it wasn't on a paved road.... and didn't have a mom and her kids in it.
True Just not what i expect from Jeep
Unread 10-16-2005, 09:53 PM   #4
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Well, I mean if people are gonna criticise Jeep all the damn time... just give them credit for what they haven't done...
Unread 10-17-2005, 03:30 PM   #5
SYCOHEMI

Why would anyone want to imitate a Hummer H2 or H3?

Hopefully you're talking about the H1...

Interestingly enough though, I have gotten several comments like "Is that the new replacement for the Hummer?" or "That looks like a mini Hummer"

I don't see a strong resemblance myself, but whatever.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2005, 03:43 PM   #6
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

I don't see a resemblance at all.
Unread 10-17-2005, 03:45 PM   #7
TJVigilante
Web Wheeler

The commander looks nothing like a Hummer, I don't know what you're all talking about. The Commander looks to me like a slightly larger Cherokee. It's not even that big, I saw one and thought I was going crazy...."I didn't know Jeep released the Patriot!!!" It's not much larger than the Grand Cherokee, it's just got the high roofline and square shape that increases interior space, although the increased space IS unusable.
TJVigilante is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2005, 05:24 PM   #8
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCOHEMI
Why would anyone want to imitate a Hummer H2 or H3?

Hopefully you're talking about the H1...

Interestingly enough though, I have gotten several comments like "Is that the new replacement for the Hummer?" or "That looks like a mini Hummer"

I don't see a strong resemblance myself, but whatever.
To me it looks just like the H2... The H1 is much more manly and the H3 is just different but to me...... The commander looks like an H2 that just came out of the dryer. JMHO
Unread 10-17-2005, 06:34 PM   #9
creature
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJVigilante
The commander looks nothing like a Hummer, I don't know what you're all talking about. The Commander looks to me like a slightly larger Cherokee. It's not even that big, I saw one and thought I was going crazy...."I didn't know Jeep released the Patriot!!!" It's not much larger than the Grand Cherokee, it's just got the high roofline and square shape that increases interior space, although the increased space IS unusable.

Yeah, I thought I lost my mind too, they look alot smaller than I would have thought, based on photo's.
Unread 10-17-2005, 11:05 PM   #10
SYCOHEMI

It's definitely a large mid size.

Much easier to manuever and more fun to drive than my 2001 Tahoe LT was. And the HEMI engine moves the vehicle very well.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 10-18-2005, 01:58 AM   #11
roguescout

Remember too that Hummer had to rip off Jeep with their grill design. Most people just see the seven slats and go, "Oh look! A Jeep."

Too bad GM won that court battle. Now those same morons can look at a Jeep and go, "Oh look! A Hummer."

Unless its an H1, its just a Suburban with a really ugly body on it.

Kind of like the PT Cruiser crowd. Hey idiot... that's just a Neon you are driving there!
roguescout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2005, 03:33 PM   #12
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

PT is it's own platform.

But anyway, the Commander is based directly off the Grand Cherokee platform (it's really just a WK with a different body/skin), hence the identical/similar sizes btwn the two vehicles.
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2005, 05:08 PM   #13
highryder08

i agree that the commander isnt the most beautiful thing out there, but from what i saw from the commercial, the inside interior looked AWESOME.....i cant wait for people to start lifting them, because i think they would look a lot better lifted than people think!
2000 Black TJ Sport, 4.5in. Superlift, 33x12.5in BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain's, 15x10in Cragar Black Steelies, Mile Marker 9000lb. winch, Bestop Tire Carrier, Custom Made Rear Bumper, Hella 500's, ARB Snorkel, Uniden CB/PA, SOLD
Appalachin State Mountaineers- Back to Back to Back National Champions!!
Go Noles!!
highryder08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2005, 07:12 PM   #14
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

they do. a mild lift and bigger tires makes a huge improvement in the looks.
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2005, 08:01 PM   #15
SYCOHEMI

I'm still waiting for a lift kit.

Let me know if you hear about the production of any XK lift kit.

I'll do it, and post pics.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.