Satellite Radio - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Satellite Radio

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 12-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
cvilleBill
2005 WK 

Satellite Radio

Hello All

I have an 05 wk with the nav radio that keeps telling me "No Signal" when on satellite. I know the subscription is current. Is their a common place where the antenna connection is loose? Thanks for any help.

cvilleBill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
bigphil76
2005 WK 

Mine does the same. I've checked the entire system. Seems to be the antenna in the back passenger side. Haven't got around to replacing it.
97 ZJ 4.0, 2005 WK Hemi, Khaki WK Club #50 !!!!!!!GO TAR HEELS!!!!!!!!
bigphil76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #3
rollindom

2005 WK 

If you have the REC navi unit, here is something to try. Go to the XM Sirius web site and refresh the sat radio. With the power off press and hold the load and set buttons simultaneously for like five seconds. This should bring up the radio ID#. Enter that number in the refresh radio section on the Sirius web site and that might correct it. That's what fixed mine anyway.
rollindom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
bigphil76
2005 WK 

I've tried that. Stayed on the phone with Sirius for over a hour. I'm sure it's the antenna. I've even unplugged the stereo completely and still no signal.
Unread 12-26-2013, 12:40 AM   #5
trax95008
2006 XK Commander 

Your issue is definitely antenna related. Start at the receiver, and make your way back. Im not sure where the receiver is in your WK, it's under the back seat in my XK. Maybe the antenna simply came unplugged
trax95008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2013, 12:09 PM   #6
croth
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigphil76 View Post
Mine does the same. I've checked the entire system. Seems to be the antenna in the back passenger side. Haven't got around to replacing it.
Mine is also doing the same thing. Tried refreshing with Sirius to no avail. Mine seems to quit when it gets fairly cold out. Let me know what you find, I'd be very interested.
Unread 01-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #7
ghostrider2
2007 WK 

On my '07 Laredo with the Boston Accoustics, the satellite radio antenna is just forward of the hatch on the roof, in the centre.
ghostrider2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 04:31 PM   #8
robpp

^^^^^^ the antenna on the roof. that wire runs down the right side D pillar and connects to the sat radio box that is located by the rear wheel well under the interior panel. then wires run from the box up to the HU. they run along the bottom the door wells to the dash on the right side.

trace the wires. i suspect the BOX in the fender well is going bad. just a guess.
Rob 007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X; DeBadg'd; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20s w/255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Halos
robpp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2014, 10:54 AM   #9
bigphil76
2005 WK 

Do we have anybody that has had this problem fixed by the sat box in rear panel.? I don't want to be the first to try and it not work. Any takers?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.