Saguaro hidden winch mount and Talon 9.5 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Saguaro hidden winch mount and Talon 9.5

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #16
Pac Man
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thank you

The engagement lever is easily accessible. I was worried about that too, so I emailed superwinch and they told me this winch could be powered out all day long with no adverse affects. You can see the whole winch and lever if you just look up in the bottom grille (Where the factory tow hooks would be).

I have a tree saver and snatch block on the way. I really want to see how powerful this winch is... I'm curious if it will drag my jeep across pavement if I stand on the brakes.

Hemi - QDII - OME - S4XC Hidden Winch Mount -Talon 9.5SR - Full Matrix - 265/70/17 Duratrac's - Pintlers- Superchips - Magnaflow - Airaid - 5000k HIDs - Lightforce HID's - 4xG Front Guard - 4XG Diff Cover
Pac Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #17
94jeepman
Jager93

2005 WK 

I was just talking about doing something like this whith my friend but didn't know if the front brace could be cut out and now I know
KHAKI MEMBER #59

The WK mods: SC flashpaq 3870, flow master super 40, 3.5" X Factor leveling kit, 33" M/T baja claws, 17" pro comp wheels, one 12 inch subwoofer, rugged ridge tailight gaurds, rola rack with 18" extension
94jeepman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #18
Pac Man
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jeepman View Post
I was just talking about doing something like this whith my friend but didn't know if the front brace could be cut out and now I know
I used a 3/8 spot weld cutter from harbor freight. It worked great to cut out the 30 or so spot welds that hold the front crossmember on. On a side note now that the matrix mounts to this new 1/4" steel crossmember I feel that the front end of the jeep and matrix are significantly stronger than they were.
Hemi - QDII - OME - S4XC Hidden Winch Mount -Talon 9.5SR - Full Matrix - 265/70/17 Duratrac's - Pintlers- Superchips - Magnaflow - Airaid - 5000k HIDs - Lightforce HID's - 4xG Front Guard - 4XG Diff Cover
Pac Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #19
94jeepman
Jager93

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac Man View Post
I used a 3/8 spot weld cutter from harbor freight. It worked great to cut out the 30 or so spot welds that hold the front crossmember on. On a side note now that the matrix mounts to this new 1/4" steel crossmember I feel that the front end of the jeep and matrix are significantly stronger than they were.
Probably 200 times stronger
KHAKI MEMBER #59

The WK mods: SC flashpaq 3870, flow master super 40, 3.5" X Factor leveling kit, 33" M/T baja claws, 17" pro comp wheels, one 12 inch subwoofer, rugged ridge tailight gaurds, rola rack with 18" extension
94jeepman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #20
Red_liner740

Will this winch mount work with the CRD? The CRD has the intercooler sticking out infront of the rad...
Red_liner740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #21
BAH101
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_liner740
Will this winch mount work with the CRD? The CRD has the intercooler sticking out infront of the rad...
Nope. There is not enough clearance unfortunately. I asked a while back and took measurements.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.