Rusty's springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Rusty's springs

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #1
overland-wk
2006 WK 

Rusty's springs

Am i the only one running this springs? Or does everyone have the same ome springs?

Bumsmodified98xj
overland-wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

I believe so. Most people run the OME springs due to other people reviews. Rusty's seems to be up in the air a lot. I havnt heard much about the springs but I've always heard that their shocks sucked. Most people have been afraid to venture outside of OME since we all know they are good quality.
Unread 10-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

I almost pulled the trigger on their springs but ended up going with OME because I know more about it. I did however get some Rustys rear shocks. They're not installed, I'm waiting to create a 3-3.5" OME lift and just need a few more parts

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using JeepForum
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #4
paroxysym
2007 WK 

since youre running them- how do you like them? any pics? whats their spring rate?
Unread 10-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #5
overland-wk
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
since youre running them- how do you like them? any pics? whats their spring rate?
I like the springs aolt i have no complaints... Pics? Cant post pics with my phone. What i dont understand is how people compare the two springs and say that ome r better and never tryed them.
Bumsmodified98xj
Unread 10-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by overland-wk View Post
I like the springs aolt i have no complaints... Pics? Cant post pics with my phone. What i dont understand is how people compare the two springs and say that ome r better and never tryed them.
hmmm well when you can throw a pic up.

id be curious to see what the difference in spring rate is between the two- doesnt rustys offer a HD version of their springs? also did i read somewhere you threw WJ front springs in the rear of your WK? hows that working out?
Unread 10-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #7
overland-wk
2006 WK 

Quote:
hmmm well when you can throw a pic up.

also did i read somewhere you threw WJ front springs in the rear of your WK? hows that working out?
That was before the rustys springs.
Bumsmodified98xj
Unread 10-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
paroxysym
2007 WK 

im just curious as to how they are and have been doing for you- i have hemi XK coils for the front with a set of bilstein 5100s, but for the rer im torn between a rustys rear and an OME rear.

i contacted rustys and their rear spring has a spring rate of 240lbs... OME MD has a spring rate of 240, the HDs are 280lbs.
Unread 10-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #9
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by overland-wk
Mainly because the people who have ran them end up being dissapointed in the long run with sagging issues. Majority of people run OME just for the fact that everyone else does and they know it works. I havnt personally used either I'm just voicing what I have heard throughout the forum since I've joined. Not only in the WK section but it many other sections also were people have ran Rusty's equipment. I'm glad we do have people like you though who are brave enough to venture outside of most peoples comfort zone to try a product not many of us try.
Unread 10-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #10
overland-wk
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
Mainly because the people who have ran them end up being dissapointed in the long run with sagging issues. Majority of people run OME just for the fact that everyone else does and they know it works. I havnt personally used either I'm just voicing what I have heard throughout the forum since I've joined. Not only in the WK section but it many other sections also were people have ran Rusty's equipment. I'm glad we do have people like you though who are brave enough to venture outside of most peoples comfort zone to try a product not many of us try.
Im always up to try new things and if in the long run im not satisfiyed theres always ome
Bumsmodified98xj
Unread 10-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #11
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by overland-wk
Im always up to try new things and if in the long run im not satisfiyed theres always ome
You're exactly right!
Unread 10-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #12
paroxysym
2007 WK 

i like that rustys has an option for the rear springs- im just torn on the spring rate, especially if i intend to run a detour tire carrier on the rear in my hitch. will a 240lb spring rate be enough? like i said decisions decisions.

how many miles do you have on your rustys springs? any problems? post pics when you can.
Unread 10-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #13
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
i like that rustys has an option for the rear springs- im just torn on the spring rate, especially if i intend to run a detour tire carrier on the rear in my hitch. will a 240lb spring rate be enough? like i said decisions decisions.

how many miles do you have on your rustys springs? any problems? post pics when you can.
The Rusty's spring rate is the same as the OME MD springs.
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #14
overland-wk
2006 WK 

how many miles do you have on your rustys springs? any problems? post pics when you can.[/QUOTE]

I got about 1k miles on them but have not tried them offroad yet.
Bumsmodified98xj
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #15
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
The Rusty's spring rate is the same as the OME MD springs.
yup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by overland-wk View Post
I got about 1k miles on them but have not tried them offroad yet.
cool looking forward to the feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.