Rough Country Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Rough Country Lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 09-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
B_Baity10

Rough Country Lift

I'm looking to put a 2" rough country lift on my 05 WK limited. Do I need a steering stabilizer and shocks with it?

B_Baity10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
Kallen425
2006 WK 

The wk has IFS and a steering stabilizer won't fit. With our steering setup there isn't a way to put one on, although I wish here was. As for shocks, unless they are near new, replace them when doing the lift.
Unread 09-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
B_Baity10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen425
The wk has IFS and a steering stabilizer won't fit. With our steering setup there isn't a way to put one on, although I wish here was. As for shocks, unless they are near new, replace them when doing the lift.
Ok thanks for the help!
B_Baity10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

I have investigated the Rough Country lift. They claim it levels the Jeep so I am assuming that the back lift spacers will be "shorter" than the front. This may or may not be desirable but otherwise I think it is a good lift at a great price.
oldsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 01:18 AM   #5
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmoke View Post
I have investigated the Rough Country lift. They claim it levels the Jeep so I am assuming that the back lift spacers will be "shorter" than the front. This may or may not be desirable but otherwise I think it is a good lift at a great price.
To get mine to sit level with the RC spacers, I stacked 2 coil isolators on top and bottom of the rear coils.
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #6
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

I ended up getting the Terra Flex 2" lift kit which maintains the stock "rake" of the vehicle. It was a bit more money but the vehicle will sit level when towing or loaded with gear for an off road adventure/road trip. Another consideration however is that the lift moves the rear axle in a downward/forward arc because of the single link or "trac bar" which locates the rear axle. The rear wheels are moved slightly forward because of this and I may need to lengthen the locating link but we'll see what it looks like when I get it all installed. The Terra Flex 1.5" spacers were also a bit more money but have a very nice anodized finish that should resist corrosion and are hub centric. Now hopefully I can cram the Bridgestone Duellers ( 255 70 18,s ) into the wheel wells without rubbing issues. I will post up some photos of my build on the appropriate thread when I get it all together.
oldsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.