Rough Country Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Rough Country Lift

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
B_Baity10

Rough Country Lift

I'm looking to put a 2" rough country lift on my 05 WK limited. Do I need a steering stabilizer and shocks with it?

B_Baity10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
Kallen425
2006 WK 

The wk has IFS and a steering stabilizer won't fit. With our steering setup there isn't a way to put one on, although I wish here was. As for shocks, unless they are near new, replace them when doing the lift.
Unread 09-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
B_Baity10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen425
The wk has IFS and a steering stabilizer won't fit. With our steering setup there isn't a way to put one on, although I wish here was. As for shocks, unless they are near new, replace them when doing the lift.
Ok thanks for the help!
B_Baity10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

I have investigated the Rough Country lift. They claim it levels the Jeep so I am assuming that the back lift spacers will be "shorter" than the front. This may or may not be desirable but otherwise I think it is a good lift at a great price.
oldsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #5
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmoke View Post
I have investigated the Rough Country lift. They claim it levels the Jeep so I am assuming that the back lift spacers will be "shorter" than the front. This may or may not be desirable but otherwise I think it is a good lift at a great price.
To get mine to sit level with the RC spacers, I stacked 2 coil isolators on top and bottom of the rear coils.
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #6
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

I ended up getting the Terra Flex 2" lift kit which maintains the stock "rake" of the vehicle. It was a bit more money but the vehicle will sit level when towing or loaded with gear for an off road adventure/road trip. Another consideration however is that the lift moves the rear axle in a downward/forward arc because of the single link or "trac bar" which locates the rear axle. The rear wheels are moved slightly forward because of this and I may need to lengthen the locating link but we'll see what it looks like when I get it all installed. The Terra Flex 1.5" spacers were also a bit more money but have a very nice anodized finish that should resist corrosion and are hub centric. Now hopefully I can cram the Bridgestone Duellers ( 255 70 18,s ) into the wheel wells without rubbing issues. I will post up some photos of my build on the appropriate thread when I get it all together.
oldsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.