Roof Rack Cross Bar Rubber Strips - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Roof Rack Cross Bar Rubber Strips

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
brettbye
2006 XK Commander 

Roof Rack Cross Bar Rubber Strips

Long story short, I am looking for replacement rubbert strips for my Jeep Commander Roof Rack Cross Bars......have had no luck finding them. Can anyone tell me where I could buy them?

THX

brettbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

The local auto parts store should be able to order you some generic door moulding for preventing door dings. Find a flat profile in the correct width and stick them on the roof.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
brettbye
2006 XK Commander 

I see I didn't do a very good job in my original question. The rubber strip I am looking for goes into the channel of the cross bar presumably to keep out debris and prevent the whistling, etc. when not in use. I previously had a cargo rack mounted on the cross bars so there was no issue. (The cargo rack is mounted by sliding it into the channel of the cross bars). These are the oval shaped Jeep Cross Bars.
brettbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

The local junkyard would be your best and cheap and easiest source. It is rather unlikely that new or replacement strips are sold separately at the Dealership or anywhere else.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.