Ronin II's question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Ronin II's question

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 09-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
caiati
2006 WK 

Ronin II's question

All,

I have a stock 06' limited with what I believe are the Ronin II 17" wheels. I just purchased my RC 2" BB and I am still undecided on what size tire. I'd like to go with 285's but do not know if that will require tons of work to prevent rubbing. My main question is with the Ronin II wheels. Since I have the limited I have chrome trim everywhere. I don't understand why they wouldn't include chrome wheels with the limited package. I am on a budget and cannot afford new wheels. Does anyone know if these wheels are able to be polished to a high shine? Also, I've seen chrome wheel skins but have not found any for the Ronin II... does anyone know if they exist? Finally, are the Ronin II wheels sought after at all? Maybe its worth trying to trade for newer chrome limited wheels? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys/gals.

caiati is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

2" RC bb and 285's is probably gonna rub alot. Guys with OME HD (which is slightly bigger than the RC) and 285s are having rubbing issues even after p/w; rear fender roll; etc. I'd go with 265's but that's me. If your Ronins are like mine then no - they can not be "shined" as they have a grooved/textured finish. Don't do a chrome wheel skin. If anything, black the Ronins out with some plastidip and leave the lugs and center cap silver - they'll look like chrome against the black. I don't know if Ronins are "sought after" but you can post 'em up for sale or trade and see what happens. Me personally, on a budget I'd leave them be until I could get ahold of some rims that suited my wants.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
caiati
2006 WK 

Thanks good info. I'll probably black them out for the time being. I'd like 285's but since that will turn into a headache as well as rob me of some low end power ill probably just stay with the 265's.
Unread 09-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
caiati
2006 WK 

By the way, would you happen to have a picture of your ronin's plasti-dipped? How well does that hold up?
Unread 09-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by caiati View Post
By the way, would you happen to have a picture of your ronin's plasti-dipped? How well does that hold up?
I never plasti-dipped my wheels. I was just suggesting you could go that route. I really can't tell ya how it holds up. On my wheels it probably wouldn't do too well as I have accumulated alot of rock rash.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
caiati
2006 WK 

Ok thanks. I appreciate the information. I'll figure something out

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.