rola rack tool box storage - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > rola rack tool box storage

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 03-13-2014, 01:11 AM   #1
94jeepman
Jager93

2005 WK 

rola rack tool box storage

Has any body found a storage that you can bolt into the rack that sits flush with the top bar? I'm wanting something that is weather proof that I can throw my chains, tow straps, jumper cables etc. In so I can tray and keep my rear cargo area as clean and organized as possible

KHAKI MEMBER #59

The WK mods: SC flashpaq 3870, flow master super 40, 3.5" X Factor leveling kit, 33" M/T baja claws, 17" pro comp wheels, one 12 inch subwoofer, rugged ridge tailight gaurds, rola rack with 18" extension
94jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 07:51 AM   #2
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jeepman View Post
Has any body found a storage that you can bolt into the rack that sits flush with the top bar? I'm wanting something that is weather proof that I can throw my chains, tow straps, jumper cables etc. In so I can tray and keep my rear cargo area as clean and organized as possible
Funny your asking this... I too am looking for one.

I haven't found anything that can be bought... yet.... but I was also thinking of fabricating something, mounts wouldn't be hard.
Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 08:19 AM   #3
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

I'm looking for the same. The only thing I have found that I remotely like is an old army surplus medical storage box. Still sits a bit higher than the top rail. But it's pretty low profile. Would take some work weather proofing it though. Plano also has a pretty rugged looking rifle storage box that looks like it could work too, but I have not seen one in person to look at.
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
BAH101
2008 WK 

Why don't to try a Pelican (or similar) gun case. They have lots of room inside and are low profile. Also weather resistant.
Unread 03-13-2014, 10:10 AM   #5
CamelMikeWK
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAH101 View Post
Why don't to try a Pelican (or similar) gun case. They have lots of room inside and are low profile. Also weather resistant.
This! You just got it posted before I did. Lol good call.
CamelMikeWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 10:19 AM   #6
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Pelican's are way out of my price range. the Plano is not to bad though, looking into those!
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #7
CamelMikeWK
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvenrick View Post
Pelican's are way out of my price range. the Plano is not to bad though, looking into those!
Tried Craigslist ?
Unread 03-13-2014, 11:28 AM   #8
ryann04
2008 WK 

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...cks-and-others

BAM!! Google wins again...!
Looks like a aluminum checker-plate trailer box.
Unread 03-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #9
94jeepman
Jager93

2005 WK 

I was up for till 2 in the morning Google in them. And came to the conclusion of building one that will only fit in a rola rack. A snug fit.
KHAKI MEMBER #59

The WK mods: SC flashpaq 3870, flow master super 40, 3.5" X Factor leveling kit, 33" M/T baja claws, 17" pro comp wheels, one 12 inch subwoofer, rugged ridge tailight gaurds, rola rack with 18" extension
94jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 12:10 PM   #10
CamelMikeWK
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jeepman View Post
I was up for till 2 in the morning Google in them. And came to the conclusion of building one that will only fit in a rola rack. A snug fit.
I'm interested. Would you use diamond plate or just some aluminum? I was thinking a small trailer toolbox might work as well.
Unread 03-13-2014, 12:29 PM   #11
ryann04
2008 WK 

found this:

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/prod...?prdId=8317745

It would fit.. not as nice as custom of course, but it wouldn't stick out too much.

Cheap too, I am going to purchase one this weekend. $30 on sale!! wooo!!
Unread 03-13-2014, 12:53 PM   #12
CamelMikeWK
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryann04 View Post
found this:

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/prod...?prdId=8317745

It would fit.. not as nice as custom of course, but it wouldn't stick out too much.

Cheap too, I am going to purchase one this weekend. $30 on sale!! wooo!!
Too bad they are on back order though.
Unread 03-13-2014, 01:02 PM   #13
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelMikeWK View Post
Too bad they are on back order though.
One of the stores close to me has them in stock. I'm going tomorrow grab one. If there is a store local to you, they might have them in stock too, they don't post quantities online, you have to call in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.