Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Rims?

867 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Laz22 
#1 ·
Stock rims on my limited s are 18. I am considering a ome md lift. I want to change the rims to have the right offset so I don't have to run spacers. Does anybody know the correct offset? Do I have to stick with the 18 or can I drop to the 17? It is a hemi with the tow package and the QD

#4 ·
Wheel diameter won't affect offset, you just need to change the tire dimensions to compensate when changing wheel sizes.

Stock offset is 50.8mm, going to a setup that's otherwise the same but with an offset of 0 will move everything outwards by ~2 inches.

#5 ·
So stock offset is 50mm that means if I order a set of rims at 18mm offset I would not have to run the 1.25" wheel spacers to clear the 265/70/17. Tires that I am considering are the cooper at3. I have ran them before on other vehicles and have good luck and mileage.

#6 ·
I run ATX Dune 17" x 8.5" with +30 offset & 265/70/17 tires (no spacers) with a 2" lift. I do get rubbing on the rear when it articulates (rubs on the outer fender) I figure +35 with this size tire would be a better fit.
this is how they sit

Commander rims with +44 offset & 265/70/17 tires don't rub on the rear but do touch the sway bar on full lock on the front (slight rub on inner guard also).

#7 ·
I had the same questions when putting on my lift. Went from 18 inch stock on my Overland to 17X8 wheels and 265/70 Duratrac with OME HD lift. My wheels are Procomp 7005 with 0mm offset and 4.5 backspace (no spacers). They do stick out about 1-1/2 inch but that's what I was going for. There was slight rubbing at full lock but after the pinch weld no issues. Ill get pics up here soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.