Right turn indicators stay on - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Right turn indicators stay on

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 08-17-2012, 01:16 AM   #1
ozjeeper6000
2005 WK 

Right turn indicators stay on

I have a Grand Limited 5.7 Hemi. It's done 110,000 Kms and I noticed that the right h and front turn signals stay permanently on whether the turn signal is activated or not. They also stay on when the car is locked and flatten the battery unless I disconnect it. I took it to the dealer and they gave me a 5 word report that "Open Short CCT on ECU" and told me it would cost $3,500 to replace it. When I asked them for a more detailed explanation, they said that's as detailed as they could give me.

Does anyone else had this happen? In my knowledge of auto electronics (I repair military jets electronics) From what I can glean from the internet, the turn switch sends an earth to the ECU which probably switches a diode to send positive volts to each globe via the flasher can. So I can't see how this signal can be passed when the ignition is turned off.

The dealer replaced the turn, lights stalk 18 months ago because the headlights were coming on all the time, usually when I hit a bump or touched the stalk. I suggested this to them and they said that this fault has nothing to do with the stalk.

Any ideas from members?

ozjeeper6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
robpp

if you need a new ECU you can get one and have it VIN programmed for less than 1K.

the flashing and such is controlled by the FCM I think. I wont specualte on how to fix as IDK but I can connect you with the peeps for a new ECU if you need want that.

this is the problem with the MODERN vehicles. once they get old, some fixes are so buried in modules and wires and code that unless you hav e the proper diagnostic tool, in this case starscan or newer, you are dead in the water.

does anything change when you reset adaptives?
is any code thrown? CEL?
Rob 007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X; DeBadg'd; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20s w/255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Halos
robpp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecu , flasher , turn signal

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.