replacing WK 05 rear center cup holder & rear windshield wiper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > replacing WK 05 rear center cup holder & rear windshield wiper

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 12-16-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
sfall
2005 WK 

replacing WK 05 rear center cup holder & rear windshield wiper

Hey i have done some searches on both of these topic but have not found anything.

First I have looked for the second row cup holder replacement. I see multiple ways for the cup holder to be secured but have not found a clear way to remove the broken one and replace it with a new cup holder.

closest thing I found:
wkjeeps interior

The other is replacing the mount for the rear windshield wiper. I took the cover off and found the nut, removed the nut but it does not want to come off the bolt. Its stuck. It has some minor rust but not that much, not enough to keep it on there.

Any ideas, links or experience would be helpful. I would normally spend more time exploring how to fix these issues but I soon have to drive for the holidays.

sfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
dishardp

Cup holder replacement

1. Remove bottom cusion of rear seat: Remove bolts attaching seat to floorboard on each side. Slide seat forward to disengage hooks. Refer to www.wkjeeps.com/interior_trim.htm (step 14)
2. Flip seat up to gain access to bottom.
3. Pull out cup holder about half way to expose screws (2).
4. Remove screws.
5. Use 2 flat screwdrivers to disengage the two plastic clips on the top-front of cup holder, and pull out cup holder.
6. Install cup holder, making sure the plastic clips seat. Install screws.
7. Tuck the rear of the seat cushion underneath the seat back and as you are doing so, make sure the hooks are sliding into the slots in the body pan.
8. Reinstall bolts and tighten to 50 Nm (37 ft. lbs.).
dishardp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rear wiper

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.