Replacing interior lighting to LED's? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Replacing interior lighting to LED's?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 10-11-2011, 06:54 AM   #31
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
No dim with leds they are either on or off
Just ordered the ebay kit - It says in the instructions that the LEDs will dim/auto dim when the key is not in the "On" position - This is an automatic feature to save the PCM from draining the Battery.

KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies
0321Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 09:20 AM   #32
Hemiwk05
2005 WK 

damn i should of done that
Unread 10-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #33
monroechj
2005 WK 

ya the trunk light is the same as the lights in the license plates so you can chose to put those lights in the license plates or the glove compartment and trunk
monroechj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #34
08WKJGC
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monroechj View Post
ya the trunk light is the same as the lights in the license plates so you can chose to put those lights in the license plates or the glove compartment and trunk
oh ok, at least you have options.
Unread 10-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #35
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0321Nick View Post
Just ordered the ebay kit - It says in the instructions that the LEDs will dim/auto dim when the key is not in the "On" position - This is an automatic feature to save the PCM from draining the Battery.
weird never heard of that
and leds use WAY less power than the stock bulbs do so i wouldnt be too worried about draining the battery

also if u are getting white u will be able to notice that they are on as they are like spot lights

i got red everywhere except the vanity which are white
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #36
SS 414
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbailey View Post
www.superbrightleds.com they have everykind of any type led to fit where stock incans went.
I'm actually redoing all the lights on the interior of my Camaro right now. I've ordered my LEDs from the above site. Very navigable site and it will give you direct LED replacements for the bulbs you are replacing. Some are just take out and plug in, others, like the radio head unit have to be soldered. No big deal. Haven't done any on the Jeep yet, but my Camaro does have the auto dim feature on the dome and map lights when the car is started. With the LEDs this function still works.

Website is good, shipping is quick.
SS 414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 08:00 AM   #37
clbailey
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 414 View Post
I'm actually redoing all the lights on the interior of my Camaro right now. I've ordered my LEDs from the above site. Very navigable site and it will give you direct LED replacements for the bulbs you are replacing. Some are just take out and plug in, others, like the radio head unit have to be soldered. No big deal. Haven't done any on the Jeep yet, but my Camaro does have the auto dim feature on the dome and map lights when the car is started. With the LEDs this function still works.

Website is good, shipping is quick.
Lol... I actually did my Camaro first with the same website. 4th gen? I also kept the auto dim feature as the car just cuts voltage slowly, its not a feature of a bulb. I went with cool blue in the Camaro, I will go with green/white on the jeep
clbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 08:48 PM   #38
SS 414
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbailey View Post
Lol... I actually did my Camaro first with the same website. 4th gen? I also kept the auto dim feature as the car just cuts voltage slowly, its not a feature of a bulb. I went with cool blue in the Camaro, I will go with green/white on the jeep
I guess I copied you. 4th gen SS. Link is in my sig. I went with cool white. It really makes the interior look newer and fresher.
SS 414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 07:02 AM   #39
CCRAVILLION
2006 WK 

i just did the ebay kit and they are awesome but is it normal that they stay on dimly under the dash and in back seat even when your driving or the switch is turned off kind of neat just dont want it to cause any problems.
CCRAVILLION is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 07:03 AM   #40
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

yea im pretty sure my back ones stay on really dim, not when the truck is off tho
i have never had a dead battery in any car with led interiors

and in all the cars the back ones have stayed on dimly while the car is running
Unread 10-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #41
CCRAVILLION
2006 WK 

ya i noticed mine were still glowing last night when it was off and doors were locked
CCRAVILLION is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #42
monroechj
2005 WK 

they turn off after the car is off... the reason they stay dimly lit is because there's not enough resistance. if you don't want them to light up you can wire a resistor to the led and it will be dark while driving.
monroechj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #43
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

yea they do turn off eventually
my led tails would do that without the resistor
Unread 10-14-2011, 06:32 PM   #44
84foxgt
2007 WK 

I installed my ebay kit last night and love them so far. Highly recommended!!!
84foxgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #45
Fulcher88

84foxgt take some pictures for us please. Also what did u pay for your kit?

2005 5.7 beryl green. rough country bb 2", 265/70/17 BFG all terrain. rola roof rack, hella ff75, bilstein shock/strut, .25" front spacers. CAI, superchip, matrix 4xguard w/rails ( waiting on hoop in october). hella 1000 black magic rally driving lights, AEV pintler wheels in argent.
Fulcher88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.