Replacement Front Coil Isolators - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Replacement Front Coil Isolators

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
carvinbassplyr
2007 XK Commander 

Replacement Front Coil Isolators

I'm getting ready to replace the worn out factory struts/shocks on my 07 XK and looking to get new isolators for the front strut assembly. Does anyone make poly replacement isolators that don't raise the vehicle? If so, where do I get them? If not, what brand do you guys recommend and where do I get them?

carvinbassplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #2
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

I havent seen a poly isolator, however, I replaced mine with the crown automotive ones and they look like a great quality product.
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #3
carvinbassplyr
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk View Post
I havent seen a poly isolator, however, I replaced mine with the crown automotive ones and they look like a great quality product.
Have you ordered from them since they sorted out their "bad batch" situation? I've heard they got the problem solved, but you can never be too sure.
Unread 06-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #4
paroxysym
2007 WK 

order from rockauto... and what do you mean "raise" the vehicle? once theyre broken in and settled the "raise" will go away.
Unread 06-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #5
carvinbassplyr
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
order from rockauto... and what do you mean "raise" the vehicle? once theyre broken in and settled the "raise" will go away.
I've seen "lift kits" that use thicker spring isolators (basically spacers) to the lift the front and rear of the vehicle. I already plan on using the RR front leveling plate to take the nose dive out of the front end, but I don't want any other lift besides that.
Unread 06-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
dmsfun
2006 WK 

I just replaced mine when I put on the FSD's, and also put on new OEM coils. I bought the OEM coils and OEM isiolators from an online Mopar discounter for both front lowers and the 4 rears. These are the lowest prices of any I found, including aftermarket ones from Rockauto. Front uppers come with new strut mounts, and I used Monroes.
2006 Overland QDII 5.7 BT catch can, Diablosport Intune, CMR tune by Hemifever tuning, Modern Muscle ported 85mm TB, Apexi super voltage regulator, SRT8 front and rear sway bars, Koni FSD shocks/struts, Cooper discoverer AT3's, Amsoil fluids.
dmsfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #7
carvinbassplyr
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsfun View Post
I just replaced mine when I put on the FSD's, and also put on new OEM coils. I bought the OEM coils and OEM isiolators from an online Mopar discounter for both front lowers and the 4 rears. These are the lowest prices of any I found, including aftermarket ones from Rockauto. Front uppers come with new strut mounts, and I used Monroes.
This may sound dumb, but are there different material compositions from OEM to aftermarket? Meaning, are the OEM ones a softer rubber to achieve a soft ride and aftermarkets ones harder rubber for more durability?
Unread 06-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #8
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvinbassplyr View Post

Have you ordered from them since they sorted out their "bad batch" situation? I've heard they got the problem solved, but you can never be too sure.
I haven't, I bought mine mid last year.
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.