Removing Daystar, Adding OME HD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Removing Daystar, Adding OME HD

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
yllwjckt07

Removing Daystar, Adding OME HD

Hi all,
I have the Daystar on my WK, and am removing it and adding the OME springs (keeping my Bilsteins). I bought the spring isolators, is there anything else that I will need to complete the job from a parts standpoint? Just trying to have all of the needed pieces when I take care of this.
Thanks for any help at all!!

yllwjckt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
torquey
2008 WK 

Sure would like to hear why. I'm looking into a lift and have had great experiences with OME (on a land cruiser) so am leaning that way. But would really like to hear about daystar and the bilsteins
'08 CRD 3.0, Overland, Grey, 70k miles, QDII, GDE Hot tune, black gasket intake, OME Medium Duty lift, BFG All Terrains 265/70 R17, 1.5" SpiderTrax, 4XGuard Sliders, DPF delete and Resonator about to get installed.
torquey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
yllwjckt07

@ torquey. The daystar has been great with the bilsteins. I am actually looking to firm up the ride and handling a little more. From what I have been reading, the ome hd is a good solution for this. Most people are delighted with the ride on ome.
yllwjckt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Planning on doing this next summer myself. The OME springs are firmer and provide a better ride. They, from what I understand, should provide more travel while wheeling and grant more articulation. I haven't done any extremely rough wheeling yet with my daystar but drove over a pretty uneven rock bed the other day that had some very large rocks. It performed well and I didn't have any issues. I would like a firmer ride though and the added clearance. Happy wheeling hope this helps!
Unread 11-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
ruholm
2008 WK 

Make sure you have a good spring compressor. It was harder for me to compress the ome springs than the oem ones. I used the daystar plate and top insulator again so I wouldn't have to pop the bolts out again. It's 1/4 more of a lift than the oem ones. I hope that helps.
Unread 11-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
4thgradedropout

Would you want to sell the day stars when your done? Pm me if so
4thgradedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #7
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruholm
Make sure you have a good spring compressor. It was harder for me to compress the ome springs than the oem ones. I used the daystar plate and top insulator again so I wouldn't have to pop the bolts out again. It's 1/4 more of a lift than the oem ones. I hope that helps.
x2 on the spring compressor. And make sure you torque the top center nut of the strut assembly all the way down.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.