Remote start options? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Remote start options?

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 12-31-2013, 11:09 PM   #1
ColinWK
2005 WK 

Remote start options?

Hey guys,

I was looking into buying remote start for my WK and am looking to see what you all have and view my options. My remote key is broken and I'd like the upgrade. Is viper the best?

Thanks

ColinWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 12:06 AM   #2
94jeepman
Jager93

2005 WK 

As far as I know they are all basically the same. Except look for how far range you want or if you want the remotes with the displays on them or not. I have compustar goes 3000 feet haven't had problems with it except when the battery died and I was to lazy to reprogram the remote
KHAKI MEMBER #59

The WK mods: SC flashpaq 3870, flow master super 40, 3.5" X Factor leveling kit, 33" M/T baja claws, 17" pro comp wheels, one 12 inch subwoofer, rugged ridge tailight gaurds, rola rack with 18" extension
94jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 09:36 AM   #3
Drudgery1971

2007 WK 

My wife's XK had a Viper installed when we bought it. It has virtually unlimited range since it is cell based - I have started it from CA when it's sitting in the driveway in OHIO. It is really nice and you can add on features. We never had the fob - we use her I-phone and I loaded it on my Android tablet and also Blackberry. Highly recommend it.
Unread 02-01-2014, 06:39 AM   #4
Smalling20
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drudgery1971 View Post
My wife's XK had a Viper installed when we bought it. It has virtually unlimited range since it is cell based - I have started it from CA when it's sitting in the driveway in OHIO. It is really nice and you can add on features. We never had the fob - we use her I-phone and I loaded it on my Android tablet and also Blackberry. Highly recommend it.

Which viper system did you have?
Smalling20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 07:05 AM   #5
Shafer57
2006 WK 

Just confirm that whoever installs the system, doesn't use any methods of bypassing the factory immobilzer. You'll still need to carry around the remote head key, or buy a standard transponder key, just to start the vehicle.

Bypassing the immo will mean that any person can essentially break the ignition cylinder, and start your vehicle with a screw driver the old fashioned way.
2008 335i Twin-Turbo
Shafer57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.