Remote start install on 06 XK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Remote start install on 06 XK

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 12-05-2007, 02:38 PM   #1
ciscore
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Remote start install on 06 XK

Just wondering if anyone has done their own install of an OEM remote start on a 06 Commander. I might be doing this in the next few weeks so I am wanting to know how long it'll take and how difficult it'll be. Thanks.

Unread 12-05-2007, 07:13 PM   #2
T-Rated

The instructions make it look pretty challenging.

EDIT: I just read MarkoPo's post and now I find it amusing that Mopar's estimated installation time is 3.0 hours. Probably just what's listed in the service manual for billing at the dealership.

Jeep: 2006 Midnight Blue Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Bells Whistles
Mods: Tow Hooks Mopar & 4xGuard Skid Plates & Rock Rails Flowmaster 70 255/65R17 REVO's
T-Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2007, 07:14 PM   #3
MarkoPo
2005 WK 

I installed a remote start on my GC, they are the same thing. It took me about 8 hours and 2 calls to the tech help line. It wasn't too bad just a lot of tedious stuff, like running antenna wire behind the pilar, running 4 wires out to the engine compartment, and splicing into 2 different harnesses. I haven't soldered wire before I did this and it wasn't too bad. Just read all the instructions, espically the addendums they send along. Good luck, Mark
Hemi Club member #2
Bonafide Gun Guru
MarkoPo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.