Remote Start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Remote Start

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 12-10-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
ItalianJeeper77
2008 WK 

Remote Start

Hey guys! if this is a repost, a push in the right direction would rock.

ITS COLD OUT!!! (and I park outside, bummer)

I want to get myself a remote start for a x-mas present. I have a 2005 GC and was wondering what everyone has remote starter wise. Im not sure I am going to get the Jeep one because the only reason I wanted that one was because it would be on the key fob, then i saw the sticker price on a new fob

So it is looking like an aftermarket one. Anyone think theirs rocks and why?

Oh and also would that void any warranty??

Thanks,

-MIKE

"The proper water entry and travel speed is 5mph"

BLACK JEEP SOCIETY MEMBER
ItalianJeeper77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
Jake03KJ
2007 WK 

I've got the Factory Jeep one. Installed it for the wife to use. Was easy and pretty much just plugged into the existing harness. I've helped a few people on another forum install it. The range is great.

Lost to the Ex. 07 WK Overland CRD Black/4xGuard Belly Skid & Rear Skid/Amsoil/Custom Winter Front/InMotion Stg II/MBRP Exhaust
Jake03KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2007, 02:47 PM   #3
CEPCNC
2005 WK 

Jake...how much was your OEM setup? just for the parts
CEPCNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2007, 03:26 PM   #4
TRZ
2008 WK 

The original poster has a 2005 - weren't there problems adding the OEM remote start on a 2005?
TRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2007, 06:02 PM   #5
Jake03KJ
2007 WK 

I picked it up for $180 off of Ebay.

I didn't seeing anything in the instructions about 2005. I'm not aware of a problem installing it on a 2005.

Lost to the Ex. 07 WK Overland CRD Black/4xGuard Belly Skid & Rear Skid/Amsoil/Custom Winter Front/InMotion Stg II/MBRP Exhaust
Jake03KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2007, 10:02 PM   #6
TRZ
2008 WK 

Do a search either in this forum or Jeepsunlimited, I'm sure I saw something about problems installing OEM Remote Start in a 2005.
TRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2007, 10:25 PM   #7
nddigi

Hey all, first post.

Has anyone tried installing any other aftermarket remote starters?
nddigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2007, 09:10 AM   #8
drewman141
Gas Guzzler

1994 ZJ 

I have an Audiovox Prestige unit in mine. This is my second vehicle with this unit and I couldn't be more pleased. I had it installed within 3 weeks of purchasing in Dec of '04. My installer said it was the first one on the east coast so he had to come up with some creative solutions. The WK has been in production for over 3 years now so I don't think you will have a problem with an aftermarket unit.

MUST GO! 1994 Limited ZJ 5.2L V8 - Light Driftwood Satin Glow
It's a 94 5.2L Limited - trxus 33's on 15x7 steelies, 4.56s w/ front OX and rear trutrac, NP242 swap, novak shift kit, Kevin's ultimate 4.5" lift + ACOS, ARB front bumper w/warn M8000, rear tomkin machine bumper w/ tire carrier, kevin's hardore railz, kevin's ultimate tc skid, kevin's trackbar conversion, rusty's gas skid, flexalite efan, Kolak's performance ignition and brake upgrades. ViAir OBA, custom storage/sub box and I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I'm missing. Everything is a little over 3 years old with less than 10K miles. Looking to get around $4k.

drewman141 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.