recall 2005 to 2010 Grand Cherokees, 2006 to 2010 Commanders - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > recall 2005 to 2010 Grand Cherokees, 2006 to 2010 Commanders

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #76
R32R1
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS8510 View Post
R32R1
You could not go into 4-low after the recall fix?
Correct. I'm not the only one on here. I'm having the code read this afternoon and I'll post what they say. Apparently resetting it helped one user, but I'm skeptical.

R32R1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #77
longboy
2006 WK 

I have my appointment setup for Wednesday morning. I figure I'd rather have this recall done now before winter hits and I might need 4LO (if I have the same issue as R32R1).
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #78
LJS8510
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32R1 View Post
Correct. I'm not the only one on here. I'm having the code read this afternoon and I'll post what they say. Apparently resetting it helped one user, but I'm skeptical.
Keep us posted
Thanks

08 CRD @ 163,000
OME HD Lift about 3"
4xGuard Rails
Stillens
AEV Wheels 5.75 BS
JBA UCA's
GSA 255/75/17 32.1" (no bolt cut/no pinch weld)
spare 265/70/17 stock location
Lockpic, 100,000 club
LJS8510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #79
WmassWK
2006 WK 

R32r1- I called the recall center fri after my issues began. They said it shouldnt be a factor. Prior to doing the recall I retd the jeep to stock settings (superchips) but forgot to return to the factory tire size. After *****ing with chrysler and the dealer I pulled out the tuner. After resetting the tire size I had 4 lo again. I then reinstalled the 89 tune and appropriate tire size. All is well. ANYONE that runs a tuner should reset to factorycsettings prior to a dealer flash.

The code should be c140f transfer case sensor erratic performance... resetting the code did nothing for me. I came right back after pulling the t lever.
WmassWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #80
R32R1
2006 WK 

Yes, after getting my GC scanned, I was also getting the C140F code. Reset it and nothing happened. I don't have a tuner, but I'm running 31's. That shouldn't be a factor at all, other than an incorrect speedometer. My jeep still thinks its OEM tires.

I'm skeptical that replacing the T-Case motor will do anything. I ran 4LO just last week and it was fine...checked the harness and it's clean as a whistle. That code is for a sensor inside of that motor. The only way to replace the sensor is to replace the entire motor. Looking like $193/remanufactured.

Eric
Unread 08-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #81
R32R1
2006 WK 

I just ordered the T-Case motor to rule that out. I should have it within a couple of days and post back if the problem persists. ($188/ Shipped from Rock Auto- best price I found).
Unread 08-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #82
RockinR
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trax95008 View Post
Or possibly be causing some of the "service 4WD system" messages...
I took my Commander in last Tuesday. After the reprograming, a few days later I tried to shift into 4X4 Lo, and the transfer case wouldn't budge, also gave me a "service 4x4 system" message. I took it back to the dealer, and first they tried to tell me that the transfer case actuator was bad, but it had nothing to do with the recall. I had read up on the recall, so I already knew that it was in fact all about the transfer case. The dealer checked with Chrysler, and lo and behold there are things that must be disconnected before reprograming. They had to do the reprogram over with certain components disconnected. That fixed the problem. They also gave me a wash, detail, and filled up the gas tank for all of my trouble!
RockinR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #83
RockinR
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS8510 View Post
R32R1
You could not go into 4-low after the recall fix?
Read the previous post. I had the same problem. It is caused by the dealer not following the correct proceedure during the reprogram.
Unread 08-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #84
suzieque
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinR View Post
The dealer checked with Chrysler, and lo and behold there are things that must be disconnected before reprograming. They had to do the reprogram over with certain components disconnected. That fixed the problem.
this frightens me, I want some other poor suckers to go first and get the recall, though being this time of year few folks would test 4 low until months from now and get the error!
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #85
RockinR
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieque View Post
this frightens me, I want some other poor suckers to go first and get the recall, though being this time of year few folks would test 4 low until months from now and get the error!
Well I have a habit of shifting into 4 Lo every Saturday morning, rolling back a few yards, then shifting back to high. That is why I caught it fairly quickly. What frightens me is the dealer wanting to charge me $600.00 for a new T-Case actuator. If I hadn't been fairly knowledgable about the recall I would have paid for a new Actuator, and it still wouldn't have fixed it. I am pretty sure they were supposed to disconnect the final drive shift module prior to the reprogram, which they did the second time.
Unread 08-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #86
longboy
2006 WK 

^ and that's exactly why I'd like to get the recall done now and have time to make sure everything is operating as intended, not when the snow flies or when I'm on a trail.
Unread 08-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #87
Walt
2008 WK 

Quote:
I took my Commander in last Tuesday. After the reprograming, a few days later I tried to shift into 4X4 Lo, and the transfer case wouldn't budge, also gave me a "service 4x4 system" message. I took it back to the dealer, and first they tried to tell me that the transfer case actuator was bad, but it had nothing to do with the recall. I had read up on the recall, so I already knew that it was in fact all about the transfer case. The dealer checked with Chrysler, and lo and behold there are things that must be disconnected before reprograming. They had to do the reprogram over with certain components disconnected. That fixed the problem. They also gave me a wash, detail, and filled up the gas tank for all of my trouble!
Quote:
Read the previous post. I had the same problem. It is caused by the dealer not following the correct proceedure during the reprogram.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieque View Post
Glad I waited. I did check the operation of 4Lo today. The transfer case on my Heep goes in-and-out without codes. We'll have that discussion when the Service Manager & I talk so we both understand the correct procedure. In fairness, the Service Manager and the technician who does this work are both top-notch, but I'll ask anyway to preclude a return trip. [My dealer makes up for all of other bad dealer service depts reported elsewhere.]

Belt & suspenders to hold up my pants.......................
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #88
BAH101
2008 WK 

Maybe a good idea would be to video putting the Jeep in 4LO before taking it in, just to prove it works. Also, for me, I'll check the 4LO before leaving the dealer lot, after all I have read here.
Unread 08-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #89
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

I'm scheduled for 8:30 tomorrow morning. I'll be bringing out the service manager and explaining the potential problem and showing him my 4 Low works. When I pulled in the dealership this morning to see if I could get it done I made sure to engage the 4 Low. It all worked. Tomorrow will be interesting for sure.
jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #90
pinstripefan90
1994 ZJ 

I'm a chrysler dodge jeep tech and all it is is a flash to the FDCM (Final Drive Control Module) and w/ the new software supposedly it will avoid the possibility of this incident occurring.

- Jake
pinstripefan90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.