recall 2005 to 2010 Grand Cherokees, 2006 to 2010 Commanders - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > recall 2005 to 2010 Grand Cherokees, 2006 to 2010 Commanders

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 05-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #46
steve0adams
2007 WK 

Jeep recall customer service

Well I called the Jeep recal customer service desk @ 1-800-853-1403. Currently the recall status is "advance recall". Which means that they don't have a vin list yet and won't untill the recall is scheduled to go out in June. The representitive looked it up and said that since mine it has QDII it will more than likely be in the recall. Said to call back in June to see if it is in the system yet.

steve0adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #47
kc2mrg
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknight View Post

eeeewww scary !!! :\
I figure I'm gonna just drive it and when it goes off slide the left rear into a guard rail so I can make jeep fix it for free lol
Superchips 3875 Flashpaq

West Virginia Jeep Club member
JEEPINWV.COM
kc2mrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #48
Bounty Hunter

Got the recall notice in the mail for my '05 WK with QDII. About a week later I got the "service 4WD system" message on the dash. Any chance they're related or will be repaired under the recall?
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #49
Megs_Revenge
SUV Enthusiast

2005 WK 

I'm dealing with a service 4wd notice as well, but I don't think that they're related. But, seeing as I'm taking mine into the dealership tomorrow for the warning (I've got a lifetime warranty on mine through the dealership) I'll let you know Bounty Hunter.

Silver WK club #69

Oo|||||||oO
Megs_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #50
Bounty Hunter

Thanks, let me know. Plan to take mine in soon.
Unread 07-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #51
Bounty Hunter

So what did you find out?
Unread 07-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #52
Megs_Revenge
SUV Enthusiast

2005 WK 

A bad sensor in the rear diff was what I was quoted. Not covered under warranty ($400) and with a light that sporadically comes and goes I'm not in a hurry to get it fixed. Not related to the recall.

Silver WK club #69

Oo|||||||oO
Megs_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 12:29 PM   #53
Beeracuda
2006 WK 

Has anyone gotten the recall done yet? When I took mine in, they didn't have a fix yet. The notice said I was supposed to get another card in the mail when it was available. That has been weeks ago...

The Beeracuda: http://youtu.be/Kcp0sqG_03M
Beeracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 12:55 PM   #54
modernblueWK

It affects so many vehicles i see this taking awhile.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #55
Umbrella
2006 XK Commander 

I have an appointment at the dealer tomorrow at 3 to get my recall handled, the tech said it would be about 20 minutes and is just a software flash.

I will post an update after it is done, and will try to glean what I can from the stealership.

Vehicle is an '06 Commander, 4.7L, QTII.

I was told about the recall through an email reply from Jeep when I requested my original build sheet.

Excerpt from email:

Our records indicate that the following recall campaign(s) have not been performed by an authorized dealer:

N23 REPROGRAM FINAL DRIVE CONTROLLER MODULE

We suggest that you contact your local authorized Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep�or Ram dealer to make arrangements for an inspection and, if necessary, corrective action at no charge to you.

Please take a copy of this message with you at the time of service to aid the process. Although not required, it is recommended to bring a copy of the recall notification with you to your dealer's service department when you bring your vehicle in for this service.

If you wish to obtain further information, please contact the Chrysler Group Recall Assistance Center at 1-800-853-1403.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Samantha

Customer Service Representative
Jeep Customer Assistance Center

Maybe that will help?

“If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right!” Mae West
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 03:29 PM   #56
Walt
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrella View Post
I have an appointment at the dealer tomorrow at 3 to get my recall handled, the tech said it would be about 20 minutes and is just a software flash....
N23 REPROGRAM FINAL DRIVE CONTROLLER MODULE...
Original data suggested that cracks in one of the drive module circuit boards that are the root cause of the problem. The reflash cures the symptoms.

Haven't seen anyone address this other part of the issue. Apparently it is not formally part of the recall and MOPAR hasn't stated anything else.

However, if this circuit board is part of the TCM, that module is covered by the lifetime limited powertrain warranty. If anyone has extended warranty coverage, I recommend that the dealer's service manager be instructed to check it and replace under warranty provisions if found to be "cracked", whatever that means.

Too many freakin' electronic gizmo's....................

I put my dealer's service manager on notice to inspect this when the recall reflash is performed.

CAUTION: This advice may be worth what you are paying to get it.
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 03:41 PM   #57
Umbrella
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post

CAUTION: This advice may be worth what you are paying to get it.
My old WJ made it to 254K miles before the #2 piston decided it had exceeded it's mechanical abilities.

That was largely due to the advice found on JeepForum, if not for this place helping me out I'd have snatched myself bald-headed more than once.

Thanks for the input!

“If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right!” Mae West
Unread 08-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #58
Umbrella
2006 XK Commander 

Quick and painless, ten minutes.

Make an appointment, it's a new recall so your dealership may need lead time.

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #59
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_Revenge View Post
A bad sensor in the rear diff was what I was quoted. Not covered under warranty ($400) and with a light that sporadically comes and goes I'm not in a hurry to get it fixed. Not related to the recall.
Had my 'Service 4wd System' code scanned and it was found to be 'Transfer Case Differential Clutch Worn'. They reset the code and it hasn't come back on in over 500 miles.

It's a relatively new transfer case, dealer replaced it under warranty looking to repair a noise that ended up being a bad front driveshaft. I think it's just a sensor problem.

I haven't had the recall on the t-case shift lever repaired yet. All this on an '05 WK 5.7L with QDII.
Unread 08-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #60
LJS8510
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrella View Post
Quick and painless, ten minutes.

Make an appointment, it's a new recall so your dealership may need lead time.
Thanks for the info!

08 CRD @ 163,000
OME HD Lift about 3"
4xGuard Rails
Stillens
AEV Wheels 5.75 BS
JBA UCA's
GSA 255/75/17 32.1" (no bolt cut/no pinch weld)
spare 265/70/17 stock location
Lockpic, 100,000 club
LJS8510 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.