recall 2005 to 2010 Grand Cherokees, 2006 to 2010 Commanders - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > recall 2005 to 2010 Grand Cherokees, 2006 to 2010 Commanders

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 03-12-2014, 09:12 PM   #256
kc2mrg
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouC View Post
O M G
After reading through all the nonsense that goes along with these lovely electronic 4x4 systems, when I run into trouble with mine if it can't be fixed I an to start looking for another '98 ZJ with the BEST ever Jeep transfer case... The NV 242 Selectrac... Never failed....not one problem in 16 years 150k miles.
My 04 wj was the last year a grand ever saw the wonderful 242 case bolted behind a nice Chrysler made transmission and that rock solid 4.0 lol

I will say tho .. haven't had a single issue out of the NAG1 in my moms 05 wk .. but she has the non-selectable 4x4 system

Superchips 3875 Flashpaq
Flowmaster exhaust

West Virginia Jeep Club member
JEEPINWV.COM
kc2mrg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2014, 07:26 AM   #257
CommanderDan
2006 XK Commander 

Delete
CommanderDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #258
oilverland
2008 WK 

Does this now mean a faulty transfer case actuator motor could be covered as part of the recall?

I had the recall done at one dealer in Seattle area, then the TCAM at another when I was in Vegas. Of course, being Vegas, it was a gamble, and I paid for it. :-)

Just wondering if I have a case to transfer some money back. (Sorry about the puns, I couldn't resist.)
Unread 04-01-2014, 07:00 PM   #259
WTFC

Transfer case recall

Ok I have found that this soft ware undate problem maybe be that if your dealer mechanics are not removing or doing updates properly you will get the advice 4wd warning if your dealer ( as mine did) tells you that that is not or has no effect GO TO ANOTHER DEALER have it looked at by a good trusted mechanic. I am in New Jersey if you can try performance dodge in Woodbury they did it right. If the update is not preformed properly it will not work and that's it A SCAM THE DEALER CAN USE TO GET AN $800.00 bill from you and Chrysler doesn't care ( I did get some help after I scumbaged the hell out of them ) squeaky wheel gets the grease you know) a crack circuit board can't be fixed with software but software properly installed does work . Beware there are dealership service departments that are not honest. They just don't respect their work or you. Find a dealership that has good service department and honest mechanics their out there. Good luck
WTFC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 12:02 PM   #260
CommanderDan
2006 XK Commander 

U
Unread 04-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #261
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderDan View Post
According to the Jeep Cares representative on this forum, engineers are looking for a solution, possibly new software. It's pretty much agreed by all, even Chrysler, that the problem isn't bad technique.
Note that *I* didn't specifically mention new software. Also, "bad technique" can be a cause of some of the problems.

Also, I don't post on every single thread that mentions the N23 recall. This is usually the one, because the age and size.
Unread 04-03-2014, 05:05 PM   #262
CommanderDan
2006 XK Commander 

Delete
Unread 04-04-2014, 10:53 AM   #263
CommanderDan
2006 XK Commander 

Delete
Unread 04-04-2014, 10:18 PM   #264
gornoman
2006 WK 

Apparently you CANNOT repair a crack in circuit board with a software upgrade. Who knew???
Blue WK Club Member #15
My other passion - WWW.buggiesgonewild.com
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2014, 06:22 AM   #265
CommanderDan
2006 XK Commander 

Delete
Unread 04-16-2014, 10:18 AM   #266
07GrandV8
2007 WK 

I have an 07 JGC Ltd with the 4.7 V8. Had N23 done May 2013. Noticed December 2013 that I was getting the Svc 4WD error, 4Lo and 4N were gone. Had a different dealer than the one that originally did the N23 re do the N23 in January 2014. 90 days later no errors, 4 LO works just fine now. The service manager happened to drive the same Jeep (same year and motor) that I have and insisted it must be done the right way.
07GrandV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2014, 01:15 PM   #267
andybwell
2005 WK 

This is what worked for me after getting the n23 recall and getting the dreaded service 4wd system error when I try put it in low.

1. Turned my car on (engine running) checked that the 4wd service message was still occurring when I activated the low 4wd)

2. turned my car off keys out. opened the bonnet.

3. Went to the fuse box under the bonnet took fuse labelled fdcm/ediff

4.Shut bonnet, got in my car, started it with the fuse out put it in drive, drove 2 meters forward then put it in reverse drove 2 meters backwards. (Be aware you will get the service 4wd light without pulling up the lever as you are driving)

5. Turned my car off keys out went to the bonnet put fuse back in shut bonnet

6. Started my car put it in drive got the car rolling just below 5 mph (as this makes it easier to slip into low 4wd read manual) placed it into neutral while rolling activated the low 4wd switch and it worked!
andybwell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2014, 05:41 PM   #268
lutes2002
2006 XK Commander 

It works!!

I have tried this and it works!!
lutes2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2014, 08:35 PM   #269
gornoman
2006 WK 

I have also done this, but without moving the car at all, and it was successful. Over two weeks ago, still working fine.
Blue WK Club Member #15
My other passion - WWW.buggiesgonewild.com
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2014, 07:43 PM   #270
ricksterK
2009 WK 

transfer case motor

My problem with the Jeep is not only will it not go into 4LO, I cant get the Neutral position ( so i can tow the jeep behind RV). The same error code as you all-4wd service- and the dealer says its the transfer case motor. The part number he gave me is for the transfer actuator motor. So Im glad I have found this blog regarding what you all have been putting up with for years!
ricksterK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.