recall 2005 to 2010 Grand Cherokees, 2006 to 2010 Commanders - Page 15 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 301 Old 10-29-2013, 02:27 PM
05SilVer
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Poway
Posts: 90
Got my fixed. Toke it back in and they checked and re flashed it and now every thing work better.


Zak

05 Grand cherokee limited
OME 2" lift.
265/70r17
1.5 wheel spacers
Max Energy Hypertech
05SilVer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #212 of 301 Old 10-29-2013, 07:12 PM
Scottso699
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brick
Posts: 579
Ok I fixed my problem myself! I have a superchips programmer and used it to scan for codes and I got two - c140f and c1405. I figured before I take it back to the dealer tomorrow I will clear the codes to see if they come back. I clears them, started the car - pulled the 4 wheel low shifter - it went right to 4 wheel low with no issue! Unbelievable.... All I had to do was clear the code??? Just like the instructions for the recall state in step 15. My dealer is officially worthless. Superchips rules.
Attached Images
 

Scott
2006 WK Overland, OME HD Springs F&R, Bilstein 4600 Struts, 1.5" Rear Spacer, 265/70/r17 BFGs
Scottso699 is offline  
post #213 of 301 Old 10-31-2013, 04:40 PM
steve0adams
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: portorchard
Posts: 50
At cars plus...Chrysler dealer in Guam getting the recall done. They were pretty excites to see a diesel grand Cherokee. Hopefully they don't bork it up.
steve0adams is offline  
post #214 of 301 Old 11-01-2013, 07:45 AM
slayerized6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 104
Brought my Jeep in 2 days ago after my 4-lo hasnt been working after having the n23 recall being performed. The tech diagnosed it as a bad transfer case actuator.

When I picked up the car today, I brought a copy of the TSB to show the service adviser. On his end, he was showing me the two codes the popped up (C1405 and C140F), and due to those codes, the transfer case actuator needs to be replaced. At that point is when I directed him to the TSB where it states cycle the key and clear 3 times if Code C140F appears. The adviser had that "oh ****, he may be right" look and attitude and told me to hand on a second and then stepped out to the tech who worked on my car. Adviser comes back and tells me that the tech had a copy of the TSB and cleared the codes 3x like it said. I got chargde a $126 diagnostic fee and I opted not to have an actuator ordered and/or installed at this time. The adviser also showed me that there was an open "STAR Case" in regards to the trouble code after performing the n23 recall.

I also contacted Chrysler customer service; representative heard my story and then contacted my dealers service dept to get the story from then. Rep then tells me she will try to get "assistance" in help paying for the new actuator and that I should get an answer by the end of the following business day. We'll see what happens Monday

2008 Grand Cherokee (WK)- 5.7l HEMI. OME HD Lift, Superchips Tune w/ ATT, aFe Intake, Flowmaster 44
slayerized6 is offline  
post #215 of 301 Old 11-02-2013, 11:58 AM
jjarvis0007
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NLR
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerized6 View Post
Brought my Jeep in 2 days ago after my 4-lo hasnt been working after having the n23 recall being performed. The tech diagnosed it as a bad transfer case actuator.

When I picked up the car today, I brought a copy of the TSB to show the service adviser. On his end, he was showing me the two codes the popped up (C1405 and C140F), and due to those codes, the transfer case actuator needs to be replaced. At that point is when I directed him to the TSB where it states cycle the key and clear 3 times if Code C140F appears. The adviser had that "oh ****, he may be right" look and attitude and told me to hand on a second and then stepped out to the tech who worked on my car. Adviser comes back and tells me that the tech had a copy of the TSB and cleared the codes 3x like it said. I got chargde a $126 diagnostic fee and I opted not to have an actuator ordered and/or installed at this time. The adviser also showed me that there was an open "STAR Case" in regards to the trouble code after performing the n23 recall.

I also contacted Chrysler customer service; representative heard my story and then contacted my dealers service dept to get the story from then. Rep then tells me she will try to get "assistance" in help paying for the new actuator and that I should get an answer by the end of the following business day. We'll see what happens Monday
I've had two actuators put in my Jeep. One time it lasted a week this last time it only lasted a day.
jjarvis0007 is offline  
post #216 of 301 Old 11-02-2013, 04:07 PM
Rockin1
Registered User
2006 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: FOR SALE
Posts: 86
Like I posted
Rockin1 is offline  
post #217 of 301 Old 11-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Rockin1
Registered User
2006 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: FOR SALE
Posts: 86
Google the words
Rockin1 is offline  
post #218 of 301 Old 11-02-2013, 06:40 PM
slayerized6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin1 View Post
Google the words EMAIL JEEP. Click on the EMAIL JEEP link and fill out the page and send. This identifies your problem, and your dealership to Jeep Corporate. It will yield results!!!
THANKS! I was actually looking for a corporate or regional form of contact, just didnt know where.

2008 Grand Cherokee (WK)- 5.7l HEMI. OME HD Lift, Superchips Tune w/ ATT, aFe Intake, Flowmaster 44
slayerized6 is offline  
post #219 of 301 Old 11-02-2013, 06:41 PM
slayerized6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin1 View Post
Google the words EMAIL JEEP. Click on the EMAIL JEEP link and fill out the page and send. This identifies your problem, and your dealership to Jeep Corporate. It will yield results!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007 View Post
I've had two actuators put in my Jeep. One time it lasted a week this last time it only lasted a day.
Thats horrible. I remember you said that Jeep said they would keep giving you new ones until the problem was fixed. Make sure you bleed em dry!

2008 Grand Cherokee (WK)- 5.7l HEMI. OME HD Lift, Superchips Tune w/ ATT, aFe Intake, Flowmaster 44
slayerized6 is offline  
post #220 of 301 Old 11-02-2013, 08:33 PM
jjarvis0007
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NLR
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerized6 View Post

Thats horrible. I remember you said that Jeep said they would keep giving you new ones until the problem was fixed. Make sure you bleed em dry!
I'll bleed them dry for sure.
jjarvis0007 is offline  
post #221 of 301 Old 11-30-2013, 10:15 AM
GregB_00XJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Victoria
Posts: 3,588
Had the N23 recall done about 3 months ago, Jeep has been working awesome since, no issues. CEL came on the other night, tried to pull the codes with Torque and a PLX Bluetooth scanner, only got a P0128. Cleared it, came back. Took it to the dealer (needed an oil change anyways...$29 bucks, cheaps), had them scan it, came up with a C140F Code...ugh. Doing research this morning, and not super stoked on what I am finding.

Glad I found this, good information. The service manager at the dealer I go to seems pretty standup, and hopefully they will work with me on this depending on how it progresses?

He pulled the service history for my Jeep yesterday and printed it off for me. Apparently the PO was a 94 year old dude who still was super active right up until he died. He was up until a couple of years before his death taking long road trips, even to Mexico with the WK. This WK was pampered, and only had 64,000 KM on it when I got it...nice.

Anyhow, the excellent service history and having been sold and serviced since new at the same dealership by the same guy should help.

Hopefully.

2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic XJ - 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD 5.7L WK - CDN M101 1/4 Ton Trailer


____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline  
post #222 of 301 Old 11-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Rockin1
Registered User
2006 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: FOR SALE
Posts: 86
It's back.
Rockin1 is offline  
post #223 of 301 Old 11-30-2013, 06:31 PM
sk1er18
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,497
Would love to see one of your local news outlets pick up this story.... i bet there's a huge percentage of people out there that had the recall done and don't realize there's an issue.

Getting some bad press is probably the only thing that'll push Jeep to truly fix the problem. Until then its easier to just replace actuators; because for each one of you that fight to get the actuator replacement covered on Jeeps dime, i bet there's 20 other people who pay for a new one and have no clue about what's going on.

-Matt
sk1er18 is offline  
post #224 of 301 Old 11-30-2013, 06:40 PM
BAH101
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1er18
Would love to see one of your local news outlets pick up this story.... i bet there's a huge percentage of people out there that had the recall done and don't realize there's an issue. Getting some bad press is probably the only thing that'll push Jeep to truly fix the problem. Until then its easier to just replace actuators; because for each one of you that fight to get the actuator replacement covered on Jeeps dime, i bet there's 20 other people who pay for a new one and have no clue about what's going on.
And another 20 who don't even know that that lever does.

2008 CRD QDII, OME HD, Pintlers wheels with 265/70/17 Goodyear Silent Armour's, Jeepinbyal UCA's. 4XGuard Front guard, Side Guard, belly guard, Matrix HC. GDE ECO Tune w/ delete.
BAH101 is offline  
post #225 of 301 Old 11-30-2013, 06:41 PM
sk1er18
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAH101 View Post
And another 20,000 who don't even know that that lever does.
Fixed that for ya

-Matt
sk1er18 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome