recall 2005 to 2010 Grand Cherokees, 2006 to 2010 Commanders - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > recall 2005 to 2010 Grand Cherokees, 2006 to 2010 Commanders

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 10-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #211
05SilVer
2005 WK 

Got my fixed. Toke it back in and they checked and re flashed it and now every thing work better.

05 Grand cherokee limited
OME 2" lift.
265/70r17
1.5 wheel spacers
Max Energy Hypertech
05SilVer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #212
Scottso699
2006 WK 

Ok I fixed my problem myself! I have a superchips programmer and used it to scan for codes and I got two - c140f and c1405. I figured before I take it back to the dealer tomorrow I will clear the codes to see if they come back. I clears them, started the car - pulled the 4 wheel low shifter - it went right to 4 wheel low with no issue! Unbelievable.... All I had to do was clear the code??? Just like the instructions for the recall state in step 15. My dealer is officially worthless. Superchips rules.
image-3409429771.jpg

2006 WK Overland
2014 WK2 Limited
Scottso699 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 05:40 PM   #213
steve0adams
2007 WK 

At cars plus...Chrysler dealer in Guam getting the recall done. They were pretty excites to see a diesel grand Cherokee. Hopefully they don't bork it up.
steve0adams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #214
slayerized6

Brought my Jeep in 2 days ago after my 4-lo hasnt been working after having the n23 recall being performed. The tech diagnosed it as a bad transfer case actuator.

When I picked up the car today, I brought a copy of the TSB to show the service adviser. On his end, he was showing me the two codes the popped up (C1405 and C140F), and due to those codes, the transfer case actuator needs to be replaced. At that point is when I directed him to the TSB where it states cycle the key and clear 3 times if Code C140F appears. The adviser had that "oh ****, he may be right" look and attitude and told me to hand on a second and then stepped out to the tech who worked on my car. Adviser comes back and tells me that the tech had a copy of the TSB and cleared the codes 3x like it said. I got chargde a $126 diagnostic fee and I opted not to have an actuator ordered and/or installed at this time. The adviser also showed me that there was an open "STAR Case" in regards to the trouble code after performing the n23 recall.

I also contacted Chrysler customer service; representative heard my story and then contacted my dealers service dept to get the story from then. Rep then tells me she will try to get "assistance" in help paying for the new actuator and that I should get an answer by the end of the following business day. We'll see what happens Monday
Unread 11-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #215
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerized6 View Post
Brought my Jeep in 2 days ago after my 4-lo hasnt been working after having the n23 recall being performed. The tech diagnosed it as a bad transfer case actuator.

When I picked up the car today, I brought a copy of the TSB to show the service adviser. On his end, he was showing me the two codes the popped up (C1405 and C140F), and due to those codes, the transfer case actuator needs to be replaced. At that point is when I directed him to the TSB where it states cycle the key and clear 3 times if Code C140F appears. The adviser had that "oh ****, he may be right" look and attitude and told me to hand on a second and then stepped out to the tech who worked on my car. Adviser comes back and tells me that the tech had a copy of the TSB and cleared the codes 3x like it said. I got chargde a $126 diagnostic fee and I opted not to have an actuator ordered and/or installed at this time. The adviser also showed me that there was an open "STAR Case" in regards to the trouble code after performing the n23 recall.

I also contacted Chrysler customer service; representative heard my story and then contacted my dealers service dept to get the story from then. Rep then tells me she will try to get "assistance" in help paying for the new actuator and that I should get an answer by the end of the following business day. We'll see what happens Monday
I've had two actuators put in my Jeep. One time it lasted a week this last time it only lasted a day.
jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #216
Rockin1
2006 XK Commander 

Like I posted
Rockin1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #217
Rockin1
2006 XK Commander 

Google the words
Unread 11-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #218
slayerized6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin1 View Post
Google the words EMAIL JEEP. Click on the EMAIL JEEP link and fill out the page and send. This identifies your problem, and your dealership to Jeep Corporate. It will yield results!!!
THANKS! I was actually looking for a corporate or regional form of contact, just didnt know where.
Unread 11-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #219
slayerized6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin1 View Post
Google the words EMAIL JEEP. Click on the EMAIL JEEP link and fill out the page and send. This identifies your problem, and your dealership to Jeep Corporate. It will yield results!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007 View Post
I've had two actuators put in my Jeep. One time it lasted a week this last time it only lasted a day.
Thats horrible. I remember you said that Jeep said they would keep giving you new ones until the problem was fixed. Make sure you bleed em dry!
Unread 11-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #220
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerized6 View Post

Thats horrible. I remember you said that Jeep said they would keep giving you new ones until the problem was fixed. Make sure you bleed em dry!
I'll bleed them dry for sure.
jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #221
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Had the N23 recall done about 3 months ago, Jeep has been working awesome since, no issues. CEL came on the other night, tried to pull the codes with Torque and a PLX Bluetooth scanner, only got a P0128. Cleared it, came back. Took it to the dealer (needed an oil change anyways...$29 bucks, cheaps), had them scan it, came up with a C140F Code...ugh. Doing research this morning, and not super stoked on what I am finding.

Glad I found this, good information. The service manager at the dealer I go to seems pretty standup, and hopefully they will work with me on this depending on how it progresses?

He pulled the service history for my Jeep yesterday and printed it off for me. Apparently the PO was a 94 year old dude who still was super active right up until he died. He was up until a couple of years before his death taking long road trips, even to Mexico with the WK. This WK was pampered, and only had 64,000 KM on it when I got it...nice.

Anyhow, the excellent service history and having been sold and serviced since new at the same dealership by the same guy should help.

Hopefully.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #222
Rockin1
2006 XK Commander 

It's back.
Unread 11-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #223
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

Would love to see one of your local news outlets pick up this story.... i bet there's a huge percentage of people out there that had the recall done and don't realize there's an issue.

Getting some bad press is probably the only thing that'll push Jeep to truly fix the problem. Until then its easier to just replace actuators; because for each one of you that fight to get the actuator replacement covered on Jeeps dime, i bet there's 20 other people who pay for a new one and have no clue about what's going on.
Unread 11-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #224
BAH101
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1er18
Would love to see one of your local news outlets pick up this story.... i bet there's a huge percentage of people out there that had the recall done and don't realize there's an issue. Getting some bad press is probably the only thing that'll push Jeep to truly fix the problem. Until then its easier to just replace actuators; because for each one of you that fight to get the actuator replacement covered on Jeeps dime, i bet there's 20 other people who pay for a new one and have no clue about what's going on.
And another 20 who don't even know that that lever does.
Unread 11-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #225
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAH101 View Post
And another 20,000 who don't even know that that lever does.
Fixed that for ya

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.