recall 2005 to 2010 Grand Cherokees, 2006 to 2010 Commanders - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > recall 2005 to 2010 Grand Cherokees, 2006 to 2010 Commanders

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 09-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #181
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

They replaced the actuator free on my wife's gc. 3rd owner 76000mi.

Unread 09-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #182
bytehoven
2014 KL Cherokee 

excellent!
bytehoven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #183
Hemily_GC
2005 WK 

So its been 4 days with out my jeep with the only update being 2 days ago when they insisted that it was giving the service 4wd code because it needed a new battery. Well that proved to not be the case. So after not hearing anything I decided to give them a ring today. The SM said that they had it down to the actuator and was waiting to hear back from his manager to see if the part was going to be covered. I simply stated that it had no problem going to 4wd low until I got it back from them and do not plan on paying for any parts that they broke.
Unread 09-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #184
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemily_GC View Post
So its been 4 days with out my jeep with the only update being 2 days ago when they insisted that it was giving the service 4wd code because it needed a new battery. Well that proved to not be the case. So after not hearing anything I decided to give them a ring today. The SM said that they had it down to the actuator and was waiting to hear back from his manager to see if the part was going to be covered. I simply stated that it had no problem going to 4wd low until I got it back from them and do not plan on paying for any parts that they broke.
Imagine that. Just be persistent with them. The actuators are backordered right now anyway. There's suppose to be 100 available within the next couple weeks in our state.
jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #185
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007 View Post
I just found out the 2005 only had 3yr/36,000.
So I'm getting the shaft here
YEP! My 07 has the same warranty.... lack of warranty. I bought an extended that has helped on one occasion with another issue.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #186
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirpz View Post

YEP! My 07 has the same warranty.... lack of warranty. I bought an extended that has helped on one occasion with another issue.
Don't let them fool you. I've had it in 3 times for the recall and they're finally going to fix it for me.
Unread 09-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #187
onlyone
2014 JK Wrangler 

I had my recall done about a month ago and just tried the 4low today and sure enought "service 4wd" came on. Called the dealer, brought it in and they said it was the actuator. Then they tried to hand me a 800 bill and I laughed. I have the lifetime warranty. I didn't pay a dime. It fixed it. They claimed the flash had nothing to do with the actuator going bad. I laughed once again. I told him that the jeep has never had a problem and it's funny that I had just been in 4 low all day the day before. Berthod Motors service writers in Glenwood Springs, Co SUCK.
Unread 09-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #188
Hemily_GC
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007
Don't let them fool you. I've had it in 3 times for the recall and they're finally going to fix it for me.
What did they attempt to do the first 3 times, reflash it??
Unread 09-27-2013, 05:28 AM   #189
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemily_GC View Post
What did they attempt to do the first 3 times, reflash it??
Yes. Then the third time the shop foreman, which I was lucky enough to know from a hunting forum, told me it was the actuator and to call and deal with Chrysler about it. The day I brought it in for the 3rd time the service manager had met me when I pulled in. He said he just got the recall done and should check his Jeep. Well low and behold his isn't working after the recall either. So they've ordered some actuators to replace what the N23 recall has messed up.
Unread 10-03-2013, 03:57 AM   #190
Ditchd
2009 WK 

Can't find my original post but here goes. I suffered from the post final drive flash update woes. I did a massive amount of research and went back to the dealer who stated they'd done dozens and mine was the only one faulty!!! Hmmm.

There's no doubt that the flash upgrade, providing lo was working ok, can kill lo selection and bring up the service 4wd. It's one of those things like when you update windows and it doesn't quite work right.

My lo worked fine then a few days after the update when I went to use it , didn't and threw up the service warning with no dtcs at all.

Very importantly if you get the diagnostics done at that stage you may find components diagnosed as faulty and replacing them changes the service 4wd warning. I don't know why and I'm sure I'll take some flack but that's the way it is. However if you have the flash redone before going onto the diagnostics and it works ie clears service 4wd and lo engages , all will probably show as healthy. In my case they are because they now work. ( at the moment lol)

A re flash before doing anything else fixed it 100%.

In fairness to them , the dealer acknowledged they have done some research and the word is exactly as I stated at the beginning. The flash can produce spurious errors.

Hope this helps ��

On a slight aside I've noticed some "if it ain't broken don't fix it" comments , ie if you've got no probs don't go for the flash. Fair point but I wil say I'm pretty certain there's a couple of slight nuances within the drive upgrade. The main one is my auto box was always hesitating about going into overdrive/5th bumbling along at 30 mph. Now it goes in every time as if it's thoughts have been reprogrammed ? That's a saving of a few hundred revs if I recall and associated fuel saving. Fits in with Fiats stated objective to increase fuel economy and decrease emissions across the range. They're still tinkering with the v6crd ee me though it's meets baby, it goes into the new 300s.

Happy days ��
Ditchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 03:59 AM   #191
Ditchd
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007 View Post
Yes. Then the third time the shop foreman, which I was lucky enough to know from a hunting forum, told me it was the actuator and to call and deal with Chrysler about it. The day I brought it in for the 3rd time the service manager had met me when I pulled in. He said he just got the recall done and should check his Jeep. Well low and behold his isn't working after the recall either. So they've ordered some actuators to replace what the N23 recall has messed up.

Seems to tie in with my research/experience. Is it sorted ?
Ditchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #192
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Taking my Jeep in to the dealership first thing in the morning. They're replacing my transfer case actuator due to it failing after the recall. Got lucky there are some good guys there to take care of it for me.
Unread 10-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #193
suzieque
2008 WK 

If my actuator fails, i will ask for the old one so i cut it open and see what fails.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #194
Jason911
2008 WK 

I was following this thread for awhile of and on. I waited to get recall done - chrysler had sent me a couple of mailer reminders to complete it. I had it done in August, but up until today I never tried 4LO. Instantly after pulling my transfer case lever I got the "Service 4wd warning". MIne will be going back to the dealer tomorrow morning. I hope that I do not have to deal with the same level of incompetent dealers that so many of you have had. I will be armed with the information provided here, and I'm considering printing out all 13 pages of this thread as additional ammo. Wish me luck.
Jason911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #195
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

What's funny is when the service department went into the computer to put in the code to pay for my out of warranty "warranty" work. It said Faulty Transfer Case Actuator due to N23 Recall! Imagine that. If I didnt know the shop foreman I wouldn't have known that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.