recall 2005 to 2010 Grand Cherokees, 2006 to 2010 Commanders - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > recall 2005 to 2010 Grand Cherokees, 2006 to 2010 Commanders

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while suppliePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 09-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #151
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32R1 View Post
Not to play devils advocate, but mine gets close to dying sometimes too; it's not the flash. They do that and multiple people on here (way before the flash came out) have experienced this. The flash only focuses on that one module and nothing else. Anyone who is saying they saw differences, etc, is just prone to the placebo effect.
I'm not gonna lie it has dropped rpms before but never died. Never had the other messages either.

jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #152
Dusty280
2008 WK 

speed sensor assembly

Well the dealer says it is not the flash this caused my loss of power but rather is the speed sensor assembly. this part is on back order. cost to fix replace is about $800. I am finally getting use out of the insurance I bought with the vehicle. I have to pay the $100 deductible. I am waiting for a call back on how long they think it will take to get the part in.
Dusty280 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #153
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty280 View Post
Well the dealer says it is not the flash this caused my loss of power but rather is the speed sensor assembly. this part is on back order. cost to fix replace is about $800. I am finally getting use out of the insurance I bought with the vehicle. I have to pay the $100 deductible. I am waiting for a call back on how long they think it will take to get the part in.
Were you getting any warning messages or DTC's?
Unread 09-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #154
Dusty280
2008 WK 

P0700 is what came up. I had loss of power (like the transmission was slipping or it was starting out in overdrive, except it reved properly). Happened twice shortly after the dealer did the recall fix. If you look up the P0700 code it says it is the Transaxle control module. Then you need a tool to read what the transaxle code is. Apparently mine said speed sensor assembly.
Dusty280 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #155
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Sitting back at the dealership waiting on them to do the recall for the 3rd time.
Unread 09-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #156
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

I have a case # now to work with Chrysler on getting the transfer case actuator replaced. They cleared the codes 4 times according to the recall. The case is stating that the N23 Recall causes the actuator to mess up. The actuator is $490 and they are backordered 30 from Chrysler as of now with more expected to be on hold. I'll take a pic of this paper if you think it'll help anyone with their decision of not doing it. I wouldn't advise it. Use the parking brake until Chrysler comes out with another solution.
Unread 09-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #157
bytehoven
2014 KL Cherokee 

OK...

2009 JGC Limited with QTII and QD II. I had the flash done once and ended up with the service 4WD system error. I took the vehicle in for the 2nd time on Tuesday and they determined it was the actuator and were able to order a new part. The part came in today and will be installed tomorrow.

The service manager was unaware of any 3 repair/flash rule regarding replacing the actuator and apparently the part is not on back order. Perhaps the part is back ordered depending on region of the US.

I will post a follow up tomorrow after the replacement of the actuator. All costs covered under powertrain warranty.
bytehoven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #158
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

So you're paying $490 for the actuator and labor?

I was told by the shop foreman to deal with Chrysler on this issue and not to buy it.
Unread 09-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #159
bytehoven
2014 KL Cherokee 

Update...

My '09 WK went in for the recall repair today...
1- 08525301 Motor/Actuator - Transfer caser shifter motor
1- 5143786AA Actuator Fuel Control
1- Install S/O Transfer Case Reflash Final Drive

Time to repair was just over an hour. No charge for the repair. The repair was covered under the life time drivetrain warranty.

The repair appears to have fixed the "service 4WD system" error message when shifting in 4LO.

I will report back any failures to the 4WD system going forward.

Unread 09-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #160
modernblueWK

Did you pay for any parts? The recall is a flash only.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #161
bytehoven
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernblueWK View Post
Did you pay for any parts? The recall is a flash only.
No charge for the repair. The repair was covered under the life time drivetrain warranty.
Unread 09-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #162
earyck790

had it done to mine and wish i didnt!

Since noone replyed to my thread about this I'll rant here;

4LO SEEMS fine no problem there yet???!!! Knocks on wood!

but my a/c took a **** on me (no cold up frnt)!
recirc door gear broke (I don't think this is a coincidence but I dont have 80 bucks to waste to prove it's not.)

and I had my check engine light came on but I think that might be due to my tranny and dif fluids needin changed?

Anyone else??
earyck790 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #163
RockinR
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32R1 View Post
Not to play devils advocate, but mine gets close to dying sometimes too; it's not the flash. They do that and multiple people on here (way before the flash came out) have experienced this. The flash only focuses on that one module and nothing else. Anyone who is saying they saw differences, etc, is just prone to the placebo effect.
After 3 flash proceedures, my dealer diagnosed a bad transfer case actuator (motor). They replaced it this morning, took a little over 1 hour, under full warrenty. All works fine, finally.
RockinR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #164
RockinR
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007 View Post
So you're paying $490 for the actuator and labor?

I was told by the shop foreman to deal with Chrysler on this issue and not to buy it.
If you have less than 100,000 miles, it should be covered under the power train warrenty. My Commander has a little over 90,000 and they gave me a new actuator this morning under warrenty. Contact Jeep customer service. I am not actually sure that it isn't covered under the recall.
RockinR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #165
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinR View Post

If you have less than 100,000 miles, it should be covered under the power train warrenty. My Commander has a little over 90,000 and they gave me a new actuator this morning under warrenty. Contact Jeep customer service. I am not actually sure that it isn't covered under the recall.
Even if I'm the 2nd or 3rd owner?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.